What's new

Introduction

Iphone3g_Junky

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new at using forums.And a new I phone user.my computer experience is between high beginner and novice.I recently was handed down a locked and unjailbroke I phone 3g 3.1.3 version baseband 5.12.01.After a ton of research and some luck.I decided to do a jailbreak and carrier unlock.I used the spirit jailbreak and the a baseband upgrade with fuzzyband then ran ultraSnow....To my amazement all went well and i have a i phone running cydia and t-mobile as the new carrier.still version 3.1.3 base is 5.13.04.......I also loaded sbsettings and openssh.used winscp and tunneled with the wifi.I opened it and realized it was out of my league.I am trying to understand all this info about shsh blobs and were I stand with my iphone 3g.How to use tiny umbrella. my phone works great however I have never saved any blobs and in cydia it says pending in tss queue.Sorry for the book Thanks for any and all information regarding shsh and ipsw what this means to a beginner jailbreaker...

Welcome,

You seem to be well past the beginner stage. You don't need to worry about SHSH blobs for the 3G. Its only 3GS and iPhone 4 users that need them. I wouldn't have upgraded the base and however, ultrasnow would of worked fine on the one you had.

Don't upgrade your phone to 4.xx as its not very good with the 3G...

Thanks for the quick response.I later after some more reading thought the baseband upgrade may have been unnecessary.Good to know on the shsh blob stuff.I have read updating to 4.xx is a bad idea.Are you familair with the I dashboard app or widgit.I downloaded it and read you can do the open shh and winscp and adjust the time and location to user's time and location.Like I stated I opened the phones root files and seemed out of my league.Any recommendation of where to go to learn more on using this program.Thanks for you help..

Don't know anything about dashboard.

I used openSHH all the time when I was jailbroken. What exactly are you trying to do...?

It started when I downladed IDashboard 1.0. It brings up on the screen a clock, calander and weather widget .Kinda acts like a screen lock.The date and time ,and weather are set for Houston time and I would like to change it to my location.Nashville,tn.I read this was done by opening SSH and making the changes there with winscp .This is were my learning curve begins in the SSH environment.I have been unable to find away to adjust in any of the phones user settings.Through winterboard or anywhere in the phone it's self. thanks again

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Your 3G doesn't have any problem with jailbreaking or with unlocking it. Things are easier on the 3G than on the latest devices. But like I was told to you, stay away from iOS 4.xxx and you will do fine.

It started when I downladed IDashboard 1.0. It brings up on the screen a clock, calander and weather widget .Kinda acts like a screen lock.The date and time ,and weather are set for Houston time and I would like to change it to my location.Nashville,tn.I read this was done by opening SSH and making the changes there with winscp .This is were my learning curve begins in the SSH environment.I have been unable to find away to adjust in any of the phones user settings.Through winterboard or anywhere in the phone it's self. thanks again

From memory, it's usually a .js file that need modified. You find the yahoo weather code for your city and change the one that's pretty entered. You can modify the file with notepad. You will need to find out where dashboard is installed. With most winterboard themes it usually tells you in the description form Cydia how to change it...

Well,I SSH tunneled into me phone with winscp.Navagated around a bit.Found the .js files and opened it.it opens in notepad.It looked like code.The little I know.I did get a yahoo city code.Nothing in the .js file looked like that code.I tried changing a few things in the file.Like zip and adding nashville.Didn't do no harm or good.tried with the worldclock.js file also Nothing.So I think I am going to Uninstall anyway.Untill I teach myself code a bit.Thanks for the help.

No problem. I may be wrong with the .js as im doing it from memory. I would just hunt about but don't change anything unless your sure. Worst case is that you would have to reinstall the theme.

Your doing what I did to figure it out. Look for the yahoo city code of the current city the swap it for your own...