What's new

Internet Tethering on an iPhone?

spyking007

Reaction score
I have an iPhone four and I am in the UK. I have a contract with T-Mobile and I have unlimited data. I wanted to tether my internet to my iPad 3rd generation Wi-Fi. I know about MyWi but I wanted to know if there are any risks. I know AT and T have been cracking down. I am only going to be using it to surf the web and use stuff like the maps app and Siri (on ios6). I wont be doing anything that is really data hungry like streaming movies maybe the occasional YouTube video.
Will I get caught, if I do will they give me a warning of some sort or just cancel my contract or something.
Also lastly are the any repos I can get MyWi for free. Any step by step instructions would be nice on how to do it as well!
T-Mobile charge extra for it and it is supposed to be really expensive so does anyone how MyWi works and how risky it is? (I know At and T crack down on this but is it as serve with t mobile uk?) Any Help is appreciated know matter how big or small?!!?

Last edited:
Don't use miwi. Your service provider can track it and charge you for tethering. Use tetherme if you really want to tether. It's not traceable unless you go crazy with data usage

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Chris951 is right MyWi can be traced. Tetherme and PdaNet are the best choices. They both trick the phone into thinking that it is using the data and not the iPad.

P.S- Don't ask about repos because that is piracy and you will make the Mods unhappy (rightly so). Everyone else has to pay for people that steel apps.

Mywi can be traced. There are a couple threads on this use the search.

Like all mentioned already use tetherme thats all you'll need.