What's new

Interesting Comments about the New Iphone

DallasFan

Reaction score
The analysts claim that Apple is planning to manufacture 91 million of the new iPhones during the second half of calendar year 2018 with an additional 92 million units rolling off the production lines in the first half of calendar year 2019. The analysts say that production plan for the first half of 2019 in particular would be "far larger than normal cycles."

Interestingly, the analysts said that the relatively muted product cycles that Apple has seen over the last couple of years "was below historical patterns for myriad reasons." Those reasons include "size, cost, [and] lack of differentiation from previous models." "The iPhone 11 Plus should satisfy those unhappy with the iPhone X due to size concerns, while the iPhone 9 device should satisfy more budget-conscious and the aforementioned extension of the iPhone 8 model builds will round out a fairly extensive line-up," the analysts said.

Investors should keep in mind that while Apple offers a wide array of products and services, most of its revenue and profit comes from iPhone sales. In the company's last fiscal year (that's fiscal year 2017), iPhones made up a full 62% of its net revenue. Apple's iPhone business dictates how well Apple does.

a bit more.........Apple's betting big on this year's iPhone

92 Million phones in 6 months ......wow.
I am not in the market for a new one but it will be interesting to see what they introduce.
Especially the 11. I wonder what their idea of a budget phone will be.

I'm wondering what will happen in 2019 when the product lines merge - the 8-9 becomes the 10 in some weird time warp while the 12 and 12 Plus are out too

I'm wondering what will happen in 2019 when the product lines merge - the 8-9 becomes the 10 in some weird time warp while the 12 and 12 Plus are out too

I don't know. I wonder if they will stop production of a few models to reduce their production cost.

The new ones better be good to encourage people to buy a new one. Their sales were lackluster with the last ones they introduced.

The 10 was disappointing. It was $$$ but not exactly revolutionary. It had a faster chip and a new screen but that is not enough to make me spend $1,000 for a new phone......plus 8% tax. Some people might justify the price, but for my needs it is not necessary.

I only spent $350 on the 15 inch laptop I am typing on now.

But for now, my 7 is serving me well.

I think your 7 will be a relevant phone for at least the next 2-3 years. It is still a better phone than the latest Android offerings so no real reason to upgrade yet