What's new

Installed a new screen and need Help?

Those are all grounding clips. From the clips I see in your pic... looks like you're using a 4S. Hit up iFixit.com and check out their screen replacement how to... it shows step by step pics and focuses on the grounding clips around step #22 I believe.

thanks I found the one on the top it appears to be the logic board grounding clip but I am still not sure what the other two are I do not believe they are in the guide if they are please help me see what I am missing. Step #23 is what holds the logic board grounding screw but what about the other two?

thanks so much for the info so I found the top 2 and was able to turn the phone on but i cant seem to find my network so that makes me think it has something to do with the antena. Any other clues or ideas of where that bottom right thing goes??

I believe the bottom right clip goes under the battery connector w/ the tab sticking out towards the rear of the phone... that tab makes contact w/ the inside of the backplate for grounding purposes.

thank you so much thomas I found the part but I am still a little unsure how to fit it this is the exact part iPhone 4S GSM antenna connector fastening piece - original
I emailed them to see if they could give me a image or a better description on how to install this. If you have a image or could explain it to me "I'm a noob sorry" that would be great. Thank you again

Mounts like this under the battery connector.... the top screw goes through the hole.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360973262.478714.jpg

you are amazing I cant thank you enough a true iphone genious

Newbie bringing this one back from the dead...
I recently replaced the screen and digitizer in my wife's iPhone 4 and when I reassembled it, the camera was non-operational. I was able to get it working correctly by removing the camera grounding tab held in by one of the screws used to secure the logic board. I did NOT replace the thin black film covering that screw when I reassembled the phone. My only assumption is that the camera is now grounding through that screw and the grounding tab is no longer necessary. Has anyone else experienced this, and is my line of thinking correct?