What's new

install apps on Iphone 3G

kobe0006

Reaction score
Hi,
I just bought an Iphone 3G from my friend.
But I can't install any apps because i've got software 4.2.1 and for most of the apps you need 4.3.
Is there any way I can install apps that require 4.3 (perhaps with a jailbreak) ?

There are reasons why there are iOS and hardware requirements, to allow the application to run smoothly. There are ways to make those apps run assuming they are compatible with iPhones, but it's extremely unstable and can cause your device to crash constantly.

kobe0006 said:
Hi,
I just bought an Iphone 3G from my friend.
But I can't install any apps because i've got software 4.2.1 and for most of the apps you need 4.3.
Is there any way I can install apps that require 4.3 (perhaps with a jailbreak) ?

iOS 4.2.1 is the highest iOS version available for your iPhone 3G. If you want to use apps that require a higher minimum iOS version, you're going to have to get a newer model of iPhone.

If you end up finding methods to bypass the model requirements set to the app through your own research, just a forewarning that it's very unstable and isn't healthy for your device and can potentially brick your device.