What's new

Insert text inside other text

Zeus661

Reaction score
Suppose you type a sentence and leave a word out and want to insert that word. When I touch were I want to insert it take many times to get the cursor where I want it. As an example try inserting one number between these parenthesis. (). Take forever to he the cursor between them. Is there a trick?

Thanks

I think for me it just took a lot of practice getting the hang of it. Sometimes I get it right on the spot and other times, I end up just typing over a few words to make the change. I also find it very hard to add something to the very beginning of the text and have to press it a few times to get it their and press the return button to open a space up.

Just takes a little time and you'll get the hang of it!

BTW...I was able to get between the () in your post with one try! ;)

Zeus661 said:
Suppose you type a sentence and leave a word out and want to insert that word. When I touch were I want to insert it take many times to get the cursor where I want it. As an example try inserting one number between these parenthesis. (). Take forever to he the cursor between them. Is there a trick?

Thanks

If you tap the edit button in your post, then place your finger on the text and hold it there, a magnifying glass with a blue cursor will appear. Move your finger until the cursor appears where you want it. You can then type your edit.
Here are a couple of screenshots to serve as an example.

$image-3737480051.jpg

$image-2402979069.jpg

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator