What's new

Importing contacts using csv file

maxmodder

Reaction score
Right now my phone is setup through an exchange server type of program for email using a program called mobile iron. In itunes, my contacts are being sync'd "over the air" I want to be able to extract my contacts on my iphone 5 into a csv file, add more contacts to them (1000 or so) and then import them back into my iphone 5. I don't want to do this manually. I tried doing this by having my iphone hooked up via USB and entering "wab" using windows 7 run command and exporting to csv file, but it is blank so that didn't work. Also within itunes "encrypt iphone backup" is checked, and I cannot uncheck it because it is grayed out as part of the security feature that my company is using through mobile iron.

I tried using iexplorer to view the contacts, but it's completely blank. All my contacts show up in my iphone just fine. I've backed up using itunes and iexplorer before checking the contacts and still nothing.

Under Mail, Accounts, Calenders I see that I have 2 profiles, one that is icloud and the other is the mobile iron exchange profile. I have contacts set to "on" in both applications.

What is the best way to get my contacts into a csv file that I can modify.

Can't unlock the phone so my options are limited. Any ideas as to what is causing me to not be able to view the contacts? I can't export them as vcard let alone csv because I can't see them in the iexplorer software.