What's new

iMessage problems

OdinTheGod

Reaction score
Why is it so that I have to restart my phone 1-2 times pr day so the iMessage can work properly.

SMS I send to my wife and son. The messages just builds up. And does not send. Or I doesn't get messages they have sent me before after I have restarted the phones.

I have 3 iPhones on my account. 2x4s and 1 3GS.

I'm from Norway. And my English sucks big time. Sorry.

Why is it so that I have to restart my phone 1-2 times pr day so the iMessage can work properly.

SMS I send to my wife and son. The messages just builds up. And does not send. Or I doesn't get messages they have sent me before after I have restarted the phones.

I have 3 iPhones on my account. 2x4s and 1 3GS.

I'm from Norway. And my English sucks big time. Sorry.

I am in the US and I have the same problem on occasion. I think it has to do with the Apple servers. If Siri and voice dictation are not working, iMessages seems to stop too.

iPhone 4S on 5.0.1.

Other than rebooting I do not know the solution.

Rik

I would have thought its more to do with your cell provider

I would have thought its more to do with your cell provider
I thought so too, but just yesterday Siri wasn't working and I texted/iMessages a buddy that has an iPhone 4S on another carrier. He asked what happened to my iPhone since my message to him was green instead of blue. I told him that I thought the Apple servers were having trouble since Siri/voice text was down as well. He tried Siri on his phone and she didn't work for him either.

However, when I tried to send him a pic message it would not go through. A simple reboot corrected the iMessage issue and the pic went though.

I don't have a better explanation for it though.

I can't use Siri here in Norway.
Since I text in Norwegian and Siri doesn't understand my language. I had to turn Siri off.

But I still have trouble with iMessage.

Siri was only mentioned as a symptom of the problem, it had nothing to do with her. I still think it has to do with the Apple servers, just like when they were down for EVERYONE a couple weeks ago. I could be wrong...

However, if after rebooting your phone nothing changes, I would call my carrier and have them help me.

iMessage has nothing to do with your carrier. If you take out your sim out it will still work (providing it works in the first place).

Try turning iMessage off/on instead of a reboot...

Ah.
After reboot everything is ok the next 12-24 hours. Then I get all the messages I didn't get and all I had trouble sending is sending..

The same with my wife's phone.

Initially i could not get iMessage to work on my iP4, so i took it into an apple store, help desk tech went into settings switched iMessage off, then on stating 'it is a known bug'.

Hope it helps :)

iGaz said:
iMessage has nothing to do with your carrier. If you take out your sim out it will still work (providing it works in the first place).

Try turning iMessage off/on instead of a reboot...

I have tried that some times. And it does not work. The only thing is a reboot. So far..

Having same problem in US. Only happens when I'm using 3G network. So, if you're using a 3G network in Norway that could be the problem. Contacted my wireless service company - AT&T. They said Apple is aware of the problem and is working on an update to fix. iMesages get stuck in a loop and can't get out basically making all internet not function. Turn off iMessages by Settings>Messages>Toggle Switch. Then Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings is how to fix. Turn iMessages back on. The probelm does not happen on wi-fi for me.

I have problems with iMessage too sometimes I get iMessage fail specially when I send pictures or videos it doesn't matter is on 3G or wireless

I have problems with iMessage too sometimes I get iMessage fail specially when I send pictures or videos it doesn't matter is on 3G or wireless

Same here. And same with my other iPhones. Turned iMessage off. Works just fine, I have unlimited texting anyway so no biggie.

It's the servers. Happens to all of us. But it shouldnt be that severe. I don't have to restart my phone everyday. iMessages will work 90% of the time. Every so often it won't work and it'll take time for it to send and it'll send as green not blue.

Mine won't send at all. I've done everything but restore, and I'm not doing that. Regular texting thru the carrier works, I will just use what works. 90% of the time is BS in my book.