What's new

imessage mess

redmooney

Reaction score
First, I upgraded an iPhone 4 to ios5. The first thing I noticed was an inability to send or receive imessages and then , even SMS messages! Occasionally, they would come through. When sending, the "sending" bar never reaches 100%. However, some recipients (friends) can see the text message. When exiting the imessage app, the main screen shows a message in the banner. If I tap the icon, the sender's name appears , but no message content.
I called Apple with no solution. They suggested calling AT&T. They think it's a "network" problem. I know inPhone 4S users on both Verizon and AT&T who have no problems as well as those who do.
Comments?

First, I upgraded an iPhone 4 to ios5. The first thing I noticed was an inability to send or receive imessages and then , even SMS messages! Occasionally, they would come through. When sending, the "sending" bar never reaches 100%. However, some recipients (friends) can see the text message. When exiting the imessage app, the main screen shows a message in the banner. If I tap the icon, the sender's name appears , but no message content.
I called Apple with no solution. They suggested calling AT&T. They think it's a "network" problem. I know inPhone 4S users on both Verizon and AT&T who have no problems as well as those who do.
Comments?

My friends did this when upgrading the software. Could only send and receive iMessage by closing the SMS down and reopening. They thought they'd set something up wrong. After 2 days everything settled down and now it works fine. I think it's just a mass download and everyone tuning into iMessage. It slows the systems down. I suggest you bare with it for a few days and see how it pans out

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk