What's new

iMessage Issue

Mpd224

Reaction score
I have a question for anyone who may know how to this issue. I received an imessage this morning and it said it was from "unknown". When I looked in my contacts, I have the person saved and I have the right phone number and all saved. Does anyone know why they are not coming up as the name saved in my contacts and instead showing up as unknown? I have been messaging back and forth with my wife and all of her messages show up with her name. This is the first message that I have received from someone other than my wife. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

To identify someone you must have the "address" stored in a contact. An address in this case can be either a phone number or an email address. Odds are the contact you think it should be associated to, doesn't have the email address the iMessage is coming from.

If it was blocked, you wouldn't be able to respond. And the way the system is setup, I seriously doubt you could block your email or phone number.

Well, the person that comes up as "unknown" is in my contacts with their name and phone number. I have even deleted them as a contact and re entered them and it still does it. I have texted with other people that are in my contacts, some with iPhones and some without and when they send me a message it shows their name. It is just that one contact that comes up as "unknown"