What's new

If you set up a pass code can you still pair with your car automatically.

MARQEVANS

Reaction score
Have a 5c and am hesitant to use a pass code for fear I won't be able to make calls through my car speakers without having to enter the pass code every time I enter the car.

I've done this with two different iPhones for the past 3+ years with no issues. You can set up the code and try it out. You can always remove the passcode if you think it's not working correctly with it.

I didn't have to when i set up my 5.

Bluetooth is independent of your passcode security. If you disallowed CC to run in the lockscreen, then you'll have to unlock your phone before you can toggle Bluetooth (if it's not already on). Otherwise, just stepping into the vicinity of the car would automatically connect to your phone and you should be ready to make/receive calls via Bluetooth without having to touch your phone.

Bluetooth is independent of your passcode security. If you disallowed CC to run in the lockscreen, then you'll have to unlock your phone before you can toggle Bluetooth (if it's not already on). Otherwise, just stepping into the vicinity of the car would automatically connect to your phone and you should be ready to make/receive calls via Bluetooth without having to touch your phone.

Thanks!