What's new

If I jailbreak, can I see my hidden passwords?

heyijustwannapost

Reaction score
Here's the deal... I stupidly changed my password on an email account a few months ago, then forgot what I changed it to. Rookie mistake, I know. Well I do happen to have that email account on my iphone and it looks like the 9 character password I changed to is in my phone, albeit hidden with little black dots/circles. Is there ANY way to uncover/reveal this password? Do I have to jailbreak my phone and will that even do the trick? All my attempts at gmail password recoveries/resetting have failed me, as gmail doesn't think the account belongs to me even after I type in all my recovery info.

Thanks for the help.

I tried but because it's a free email they don't provide support of any kind.

Aren't you able to make mad modifications to your iphone when you jailbreak it? Are you 100% sure there's no one that can figure out how and nothing I can do on this front?

I tried but because it's a free email they don't provide support of any kind.

Aren't you able to make mad modifications to your iphone when you jailbreak it? Are you 100% sure there's no one that can figure out how and nothing I can do on this front?

Yes, I'm very familiar with jailbreaking, but I've never heard of a tweak that can do this. Maybe somebody else can chime in with an answer, but I'm positive the password is encrypted for safety purposes.

Even if there were a technique, it'd be taken off the market or patched. It's an invasion of privacy, regardless of how you want to use it, others can abuse it in other ways