What's new

If I jailbreak, can I see my hidden passwords?

heyijustwannapost

Reaction score
Here's the deal... I stupidly changed my password on an email account a few months ago, then forgot what I changed it to. Rookie mistake, I know. Well I do happen to have that email account on my iphone and it looks like the 9 character password I changed to is in my phone, albeit hidden with little black dots/circles. Is there ANY way to uncover/reveal this password? Do I have to jailbreak my phone and will that even do the trick? All my attempts at gmail password recoveries/resetting have failed me, as gmail doesn't think the account belongs to me even after I type in all my recovery info.

Thanks for the help.

OP
H

heyijustwannapost

Reaction score
I tried but because it's a free email they don't provide support of any kind.

Aren't you able to make mad modifications to your iphone when you jailbreak it? Are you 100% sure there's no one that can figure out how and nothing I can do on this front?

Darkstar2007

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried but because it's a free email they don't provide support of any kind.

Aren't you able to make mad modifications to your iphone when you jailbreak it? Are you 100% sure there's no one that can figure out how and nothing I can do on this front?

Yes, I'm very familiar with jailbreaking, but I've never heard of a tweak that can do this. Maybe somebody else can chime in with an answer, but I'm positive the password is encrypted for safety purposes.

willerz2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Even if there were a technique, it'd be taken off the market or patched. It's an invasion of privacy, regardless of how you want to use it, others can abuse it in other ways