What's new

iDry iPhone4 wateoriif case

crowd pleaser

Reaction score
With holidays in Mexico soon, I got an iDry waterproof case. look it up on YouTube, there's a demo of swimming with one using the iPhones camera.

Comes in several colours and rated waterproof to depth if 5 meters.

It makes the iPhone much bigger than the Griffin, the Front lens is a soft stretchy clear neoprene which has a moulded seal to sit on the facing screen.

The clam style case has a clear Perspex like plastic back allowing the camera to work through it. They say the keyboard won't work under water due to the pressure, so you will have to start in the video option before you submerge it.

To access the case is very easy and quick, flick out the safety lock tag, twist the top 180 degrees which then allows the case to hinge open 90 degrees, a very quick fuss free procedure.

While not as strong as the Griffin Survivor, and not having a rubber outer, the case build structure is strong and of a very high quality, looks like it will withstand some fair abuse. It also comes with an adjustable neck cord aiding security, there is a large securing eye in the twisting plastic top si securing it is not a problem.

Price was very cheap off eBay, i've yet to test it's waterproof claims, which I will do using a rioe and an old but working MDA Touch Diamond handset within 1st ;)

all being well, while it is chunky and clunky, a far safer option than hiding your valuable iphone4 under your towels while swimming.

Will report back after my holiday on how I get on - if I still have a working phone lol!

Just an update,

This case worked fine, but being very bravery challenged, I of course tried it with the wife's LG500 android 1st though ;).

As said earlier you need to put your phone into video mode before submerging, the stretchy optic membrane makes I'd hard to see the screen so your sort of shooting from the hip so to speak.

HAHAHAH try it with the wives phone first.... classic, I dont think I could ever put my iPhone that close to water let alone in it.