What's new

ICON became a white blank???

Thundercracker

Reaction score
what shall i do to restore the 2 icons (Photos and Itunes icons) on my iphone 4? it became a blank white but still they can be accessed. i just restart / rebooot my fone but still the problem didnt solved...

Picture6-2.png

Last edited:
Thundercracker said:
what shall i do to restore the 2 icons (Photos and Itunes icons) on my iphone 4? it became a blank white but still they can be accessed. i just restart / rebooot my fone but still the problem didnt solved...

You should install Springtomize 2, open the app, tap "Reload"
The tap "Reload Settings".

Works every time.

You can also tap an hold on a Springboard icon til the SpringBoard enters Edit mode(wiggle mode) then just tap the home button.

There is also an application in Cydia called iRetiner GUI.
It has a white/blank icons fix button in the "Options" tab. Only works for app store apps, or stock apps. Not Cydia apps.

There is also a free application called FSWipe Cache. That I'll work sometime.

Basically everything I mentioned works "most of the time". They don't always work...

Except Springtomize 2's "Reload Settings" option. That fixes ALL the white/blank icons "every single time".

i wonder why is this happening? it happened to me also wayback but managed to solve it just by rebootng the fone. this happens rarely to my fone, 2nd time today.

Last edited:
already installed iRetiner from Cydia, it works! but still i wonder why this white blanking icons is happening?

whats the other function of this iRetina apps?

Last edited:
already installed iRetiner from Cydia, it works! but still i wonder why this white blanking icons is happening?

White icons are a common issue with jailbreaks.

Thundercracker said:

It is a bug with "UIKit Tools". It is a package that is preinstalled when the device is jailbroken.

It cannot be removed.

It is usually a very rare occurrence. This didn't start happening really til iOS 5. iOS 5.0 was really bad..had white/blank icons all time. Then got a lot better on the 5.0.1 jailbreak. Now on 5.1 it almost never happens. Just occasionally.

But I use Springtomize 2's "Reload Settings" option. Works *every time*. And NO RESPRING required.

It is really the best fix in existence for the white/blank icon bug.

Is there a springtomize 2 that is free to download? In cydia u have to purchase it

Thundercracker said:
Is there a springtomize 2 that is free to download? In cydia u have to purchase it

No man. You gave to buy it.

It is worth it. It does a lot. It's like 20 tweaks built into one..so the price is more then fair.

I had the same problem with a game app after updateing it. I'm not jailbroken. I just thought it was the apps issue, not iOS problem. After few days came another gmae update so I thought 'Good, the realized there was a bug'' and after that update, everything was fine...

Sometimes weird things happen when you use a jailbroken phone, though not as much as they use too. However I think that the phone just lost the image file location for the icon which was why the app still worked. the white icon is probably iphones default.

KristinWard said:
Sometimes weird things happen when you use a jailbroken phone, though not as much as they use too. However I think that the phone just lost the image file location for the icon which was why the app still worked. the white icon is probably iphones default.

Not actually.

White icons happen because of a hard to fix bug within the "UIKit Tools" package that comes preinstalled on all Jailbroken iPhones. It's really an iOS 5 thing. It's not the jailbreak in any way shape it form.

The only *definite* fix is installing Springtomize 2...and using the "Reload Settings" button.( NOT the "Respring" button.

The Reload Settings button works *every time*.

Other options are hit and miss when it comes to fixing white icons...but Springtomize 2 fixes this every single time.

I found *all* other ways to fix white/blank icons work very well. For the first few times...then they stop working..every one of them..then you have to find another quick way to fix them.

I just has a white blank icon today. It happens to my iPhone as well... I'd say...eh..probably once...maybe twice a month or something like that. A general estimation...but it does not happen very often. But when it does..I quick tap of the Reload Settings button has *never* not worked for me.

Btw....Springtomize 2 is one of the greatest tweaks one could spend $3 on.

It's totally worth it. And this is coming from someone that only uses the tweak for 3 of its many many features.

The tweak has trouble shooting options as well...in which in my honest opinion..make the tweak worth buying in itself..even without all of its other features.

Putting the array of all the tweaking and customizing that can be done with Springtomize 2....the more "useful" and "functional" part of Springtomize 2 is the "More" tab at the bottom of the default loading page.

Within the "More" tab you can:

Disable Mobile Substrate addons(Disable tweaks to verify whether one is causing a particular problem or not)

Hide Settings Bundles. For example...when you install a tweak that needs Preference Loader...it puts a settings panel for that tweak in the Settings.app. Hiding Settings Bundles can speed up the loading of the Settings.app when you have a lot of Jailbroken settings panels installed.

You can delete Settings Files. This helps for trouble shooting a particular tweak. If you delete a tweaks settings file, then it will reset the tweaks settings completely and put it's settings as they were when they were first installed. Deleting the settings file for a tweak can fix problems with a particular tweak within itself at times.

Anyway...my whole point is....Springtomize 2 is so worth buying even if you don't use all of its customization and tweaking options.

All I use in Springtomize 2 is the cover flow dock...hide some status bar icons...and use the "double tap" to dismiss icon badges while in edit mode. That is really all I use in Springtomize....all those customization features there..that I don't use...and still 100% agree that Springtomze 2 is well worth the $3 paid for it.

Last edited:
Just download "iwipe cache", run aplicaton and it will restar your spring board. Thats all.