What's new

Icloud not synchronising, restrictioncode and back-up(only music)

rikmeester

Reaction score
Dear Apple experts,

I have this difficulty with my Iphone 4s, I hope you can help me out with this problem.

I want to block some websites on my Iphone. To do that I got to have my restrictioncode. I do not know this restrictionscode. No clue of what it is (tried allready alot of them). That's why I got to completely reset my Iphone. So far I'm good.

In the cloud I've selected that I want my contacts, agenda and whatsapp messages to be there. But when I look on my Icloud online, the cloud isn't synchronised with my latest agenda details. How can I do that?

After I reset the Iphone, is it possible to get the contacts, agenda and whatsapp messages back on my Iphone? Plus I want to have my old music back on my Iphone from Itunes. How can I get my music back without getting all of the rest( from old back-up, including old restrictioncode and photo's)?

I hope you guys can help me. I've been struggling for hours now. The Apple-shop in the city I live told me to ask online or call Apple. So here I am.

My thanks from the Netherlands ( sorry for the poor English),

Rik.

The backup would include the forgotten restriction code, so you'll have to set up your iPhone as new.

I can't use the old library? I haven't purchased any music.

Thanks for the respond btw!

I can't use the old library? I haven't purchased any music.

Thanks for the respond btw!
You can use your old library. You'll have to transfer it to your iPhone manually, the way you first added the music to your iPhone, not as part of a backup which would restore your forgotten restrictions password.

For your contacts: if they're not connected to an email account, use an app to back them up. There are a few available in the App Store. You'll be able to send the backup to yourself (email) and get the contacts back to your device after restoring as new.

On an iPad, the Calendar is connected to an email account. If it's the same on the iPhone, then the events should reappear as soon as the account is set up on your iPhone again.

If you use iCloud for your contacts and/or calendar, make sure everything is visible on the website (icloud.com), before resetting your iPhone. iCloud calendar details can need up to an hour to get synced. If the events still don't appear after an hour, make sure you added the events to an iCloud calendar in the Calendar app on your iPhone.

If Whatsapp works the same way on an iDevice as on my Android, all you have to do after resetting is to enter your phone number, and the app will restore your conversations.

Last edited:
Thanks for the big help, it worked! I got my music.

Only the calender and whatsapp conversations were lost, but that I''ll come over that. I'm sure I put them to 'green' to synchronise them on Icloud...

The only thing now is that I want to block facebook.com on restrictions but it doesn't block the website, unlike other websites that are blocked.

Thanks for the big help, it worked! I got my music.

Only the calender and whatsapp conversations were lost, but that I''ll come over that. I'm sure I put them to 'green' to synchronise them on Icloud...

The only thing now is that I want to block facebook.com on restrictions but it doesn't block the website, unlike other websites that are blocked.
You can't block individual websites on the iPad, all you can do is block the Safari browser so that no internet searches at all can be made.

You can use your old library. You'll have to transfer it to your iPhone manually, the way you first added the music to your iPhone, not as part of a backup which would restore your forgotten restrictions password.

Transfer using iTunes right?