What's new

iCloud Keychain??

Bacchus

Reaction score
Does anyone here use the iCloud Keychain? What are your opinions of it? Thanks for your input...

Does anyone here use the iCloud Keychain? What are your opinions of it? Thanks for your input...
I've been using it ever since it became part of the iOS 8 beta release back in June. It's great for keeping track of log in credentials for any sites you need.

This screenshot is typical of what you'll see when signing into a site where the credentials were saved by iCloud Keychain.
image.jpg

Thanks for that, SciFan. Have you had any exposure to DashLane? Kinda the same thing, sorta, I think...

Anyone else have an opinion of the iCloud Keychain?

Thanks for that, SciFan. Have you had any exposure to DashLane? Kinda the same thing, sorta, I think...

Anyone else have an opinion of the iCloud Keychain?
I've never heard of DashLane before, I assume it's a similar password service.

An additional feature of iCloud Keychain is that the log in information is shared with all your devices on the same account and connected to iCloud Keychain. The sharing is done with industry grade encryption.

With DashLane, it automatically logs you in to any site requiring a password and for which you've already entered your password. It also does many other things which I don't use.

Does Keychain automatically log you in to various accounts?

iCloud Keychain automatically fills in your log in credentials but some sites still require you to tap the log in button to complete the log in.

Okay, cool. So far, DashLane hasn't required me to tap the login button (not that it's a big deal) but some future website may require it.

The thing with DashLane is that, while it works like the cloud in sharing between all my devices, it insists on being initiated immediately on startup of my laptop or PC. I find that a bit irksome.

I'd like to hear from a few other folks before I decide whether to give Keychain a try but at this point I'm inclined to want to try it.

I just started to but I'm having trouble with out of 34 passwords I've got one to auto fill , some of the things that I have read talk about two words always allow which is supposed to be under saved passwords but it's not its under the place where they talk cookies, I don't understand

I just started to but I'm having trouble with out of 34 passwords I've got one to auto fill , some of the things that I have read talk about two words always allow which is supposed to be under saved passwords but it's not its under the place where they talk cookies, I don't understand
Do you use Keychain or DashLane?

The login details can be found under Settings - Safari - Passwords & Autofill - Saved Passwords, if your iPhone saves them, and not an app.

We'll, I decided I'd spring for a year of DashLane Pro and re-assess after that. I don't do Beta anything since a bad learning experience a few years ago and, while iCloud Keychain may no longer be a Beta, I think I'll have another look in a year.... :)

We'll, I decided I'd spring for a year of DashLane Pro and re-assess after that. I don't do Beta anything since a bad learning experience a few years ago and, while iCloud Keychain may no longer be a Beta, I think I'll have another look in a year.... :)
iCloud Keychain wasn't Beta any more when it was released with iOS 7.0.3 more than a year ago. It's very reliable. I use it since it's been available.

Ah, so. I didn't check to see if it was still Beta. When SciFan mentioned it I was already toying with the notion of going Pro with DashLane so I just kept on keeping on.... :)

I guess the mere mention of the word Beta was enough of a deterrent for me..... I may yet play around with Keychain just for the sake of comparison...