What's new

iPhone Keychain

DallasFan

Reaction score
Do many people use Keychain?

It seems like it might be a good idea but
I am sure that keeping my passwords
Online is a good idea even if apple says it is secure.

Thanks

Personally l haven't got a clue what Keychain is at the moment. But in a few hours l will understand it thoroughly.
I have and my passwords and other none important stuff like the car parts numbers Air filter, oil filter,pollen filter,spark plugs numbers all stored in notes.
Because of the Cloud they on the iPad and iPhone.
And to get you need my Touch ID or Code get the code wrong enough times the data is lost.
Secure enough for me.
Now l go to learn about Keychain

I use notes for similar things

I guess I need to try keynote and give apple more credit....I guess things don't get more secure than your thumbprint

Thanks

Raymond

I do use it, are you sure it doesn't keep them encrypted on the individual device?

Last edited:
Well l did a lot of reading about Keychain, very useful for some people. Not for me however, Safari was mentioned quite a lot, l try to avoid Safari and use Chrome as much as possible. The one main point that it has that note does not have is that you can set up a password just for Keychain. If you do this and forget it then there's no way at getting your data back.
Ok scifan57 what l got wrong?

Well l did a lot of reading about Keychain, very useful for some people. Not for me however, Safari was mentioned quite a lot, l try to avoid Safari and use Chrome as much as possible. The one main point that it has that note does not have is that you can set up a password just for Keychain. If you do this and forget it then there's no way at getting your data back.
Ok scifan57 what l got wrong?
iCloud Keychain is a way of storing and automatically filling in passwords. There's no master Keychain password but if you forget your iCloud password you won't be able to get in and change anything, including turning Keychain off. You'll also not be able to turn off find my iPhone in order to erase and restore the iPhone.

You can create an iCloud Security Code (6 digit, alphanumeric or generated) which is used then to authorize additional devices to use iCloud Keychain, or verify your identity so that you can perform other iCloud Keychain actions.

If you have to enter that code, and enter the wrong one too often, you can't access that keychain. It's possible to contact Apple. They can verify your identity, and you're able to enter the right security code.

Last edited: