What's new

I want to hide SMS

alextaras

Reaction score
One of my friends has the iPhone 4 and he can open his messages and tap the edit button, and then hit another button and it will make all of the messages disappear and then he hit the 'edit' button again and they will pop up again. I want this so if I give somebody my phone, I can just hide them so the person doesn't go through my messages. Does anybody know what it's called?

has your friend got a jail break on his phone?

Poisonivy said:
has your friend got a jail break on his phone?

Yeah he does. But I don't want to jailbreak it because If I ever want to un-jailbreak it for some reason, I would lose all my stuff. Like pics, apps, music, etc

Yeah he does. But I don't want to jailbreak it because If I ever want to un-jailbreak it for some reason, I would lose all my stuff. Like pics, apps, music, etc
thats probably how he is able to have this feature,as far as i know it isn't available on a stock iPhone,i stand to be corrected though if anyone knows differently.

Poisonivy said:
thats probably how he is able to have this feature,as far as i know it isn't available on a stock iPhone,i stand to be corrected though if anyone knows differently.

Oh ok! Um do you know if I can back my iPhone up before I jailbreak it? So if I decide to make it stock again, I wouldn't lose any of my data?

Even while Jailbroken... your iDevice can still be fully used w/ iTunes. Getting new apps, music, saving contacts, creating backups, etc.

Even while Jailbroken... your iDevice can still be fully used w/ iTunes. Getting new apps, music, saving contacts, creating backups, etc.

What Thomas said. Just don't pirate any Cydia or AppStore apps. It'll bite you in the butt. Pay for people's hard work, it's only a dollar or so for the most part

What Thomas said. Just don't pirate any Cydia or AppStore apps. It'll bite you in the butt. Pay for people's hard work, it's only a dollar or so for the most part

I don't know what bothers me more, people stealing apps or people expecting magic out of free apps. Devs should be paid, I totally agree.

I'd even oppose to trying the pirated app before buying the actual app, because many users would just stick with the cracked/pirated app since the free version may or may not offer the same functions or features. I mean really, if you buy something off of Cydia or Apple, it'll be linked with your account so it's not like you're going to lose them. Yes I agree that sometimes But back on topic, I believe the tweak your friend is using is called BeyondSMS and it does cost $1 in Cydia.