What's new

i spy

Phuct

Reaction score
Can anyone shed any light on a problem that occured today. My iphone 4 displayed the words "i spy" where the day and date normally is under the time. As soon as I opened the phone it went and has not come back. Very wierd and I am now paranoid that some programme has hacked my phone.
Cheers.

12:24
i Spy

Back your phone up. Do a restore and set it up as a new phone. Then right click your phone when it appears in iTunes and choose restore from back up...

No one knows where the I spy file is in the iOS so incase it get backed up with the latest/last back up created by iTunes, I spy will still be present in the phone once after you restore that latest back up. All the iOS restore and stuff will be useless then, but try it out anyway otherwise you can figure out if yes or no the I spy is in your back up or not.

That's why I suggested to set it up as a new phone first. It will reformat the entire device. They can then see if the I spy is still there before restoring from the backup...

gaz or bab.... so what's with the "i spy" notice? Is this something that's out there for us to be worried about?

No, I've never hear about I spy and also, I've never saw it in my iPhone. It might be a spyware or something. That will happen with your device only if you jailbreak it, otherwise I spy wouldn't be able to get into your device. So do like suggested by gaz up there.