What's new

I replaced battery and home button now it wont turn on

Techwomen

Reaction score
Hi I was careful in replacing the battery first. I went to turn it on and it was working although the battery life was in the red necause it was a new battery. So I went on to replacing the home button and well now the phone wont turn on at all. I was careful to check all the connections to make sure they were snapped in properly and still no battery life in the phone. So I thought well I will plug it in to see if the battery is to dead and I am waiting for any sign of life, still no sign of life. I could use help with this one. Thanks

How long have you been waiting? I mean if it’s been about 5 minutes, wait about a hour to give the battery time to charge.

The home button is paired with the Touch ID chip on the logic board. If you replace only the home button and don’t have the special tool used to pair it with the Touch ID chip the home button will not work.

Oh so even though the fix the home button then the whole phone wont work? It is not the battery I cannot power on the phone at all.

Okay I read it. I see people change the home buttons and they seem to not have any problem and the phone usually works. Mine does not at all. So hummm

The battery was fine I tested it and it worked then I proceded to but the new home button in that is when it would not work at all.

The battery was fine I tested it and it worked then I proceded to but the new home button in that is when it would not work at all.
You said the battery life was in the red “because it was a new battery”. A new battery should not be in the red.

You said the battery life was in the red “because it was a new battery”. A new battery should not be in the red.
It had a little green on it, it just needed to be charged.

As Scifan told you “The home button is paired with the Touch ID chip on the logic board. If you replace only the home button and don’t have the special tool used to pair it with the Touch ID chip the home button will not work.”

Hi Thanks well does the home button when not paired will it cause the whole phone no to work? What is the tool called to pair it and how do I get it?

Thanks!

Hi Thanks well does the home button when not paired will it cause the whole phone no to work? What is the tool called to pair it and how do I get it?

Thanks!
I thought you said you reviewed what Scifan posted. It said the risks, noted the possibility of the failure you report. I have no knowledge of how to fix that once the iphone has identified that it was altered and would guess you needed the tool before the failure occurred.

The tool to pair a new home button to the Touch ID chip on the device is only available to Apple and authorized repair centres. Without pairing the home button will still work as a home button but will not work with Touch ID.