What's new

I phone teams

iZIGGA

Reaction score
Are there regional/national/worldwide sort of i phone teams that develop apps and jailbreaks? I know redsn0w and teams like that but are there teams that meet in person or something along those lines?

Are there regional/national/worldwide sort of i phone teams that develop apps and jailbreaks? I know redsn0w and teams like that but are there teams that meet in person or something along those lines?

The developers of cydia apps can range from the "dev dream teams" to anybody with a Mac computer and some programming knowledge. :)

They have a yearly convention for devs in the cydia community, iOS community, well, any developer field imaginable.
Here's a link to the cydia dev convention's website.

http://jailbreakcon.com/

Sounds cool! Are you involved with any groups yourself? And why does it have to be Mac? Lol jk

Sounds cool! Are you involved with any groups yourself? And why does it have to be Mac? Lol jk

It has to be a Mac for iOS development, and I'm a developer for Apple, but I'm not involved in any groups. I have a busy home/work life, plus volunteering on this forum is my hobby, but I enjoy it!
:)

Im pretty new to the site but i have come to enjoy it myself. Im eager to learn more about apple programming and iphones as ive discovered i enjoy it more than i though i would :)

Im pretty new to the site but i have come to enjoy it myself. Im eager to learn more about apple programming and iphones as ive discovered i enjoy it more than i though i would :)

Check this Link out to learn more about developing for apple and the tools they give you to work with.

http://developer.apple.com/

Word of advice, find a good solid reference book for C and carry it with you everywhere. You need a really solid C foundation if you want to really take full advantage of what the developer access has to offer. Sucks that it's only available on the Mac platform :/ I'm more of a Windows guy but slowly learning the ways of Mac.

Word of advice, find a good solid reference book for C and carry it with you everywhere. You need a really solid C foundation if you want to really take full advantage of what the developer access has to offer. Sucks that it's only available on the Mac platform :/ I'm more of a Windows guy but slowly learning the ways of Mac.

The C programming language is available almost anywhere. I've used it in windows programming and in Linux. Perhaps you're referring to Objective C?

Yup. My bad. No sleep finishing up this website that has to go by midnight @.@ Objective C.

Thanks for all of the advice! I myself am new to mac but am optimistic about learning

Did you do any schooling that had to do with programming willerz or are you self taught?

Buy a book and commit to it. When I first started back in high school, it was "oh my lord.... bible of boredom...." but if you commit to it and actually put the effort into understanding it, you can self-teach yourself in a fair amount of time.

Sounds good are there any specific books? Im looking to ordering some to get started. How long have you been doing it?