What's new

I-Pad help!!!

Manny72

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to get a I-Pad 1st generation 64Gig for a cheap price. What I want to know is should I get it or just buy a I-Pad 2. I'm only going to use it for my Car that's why I can't justify the Price of a 64 Gig IPad Air, and I will be getting a Warranty with it also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The iPad 1 does not have the same level of app support as the iPad Air. At least 80% of apps in the AppStore requires iOS 6 or above on the device itself. Overall if you're just looking for the basics, an iPad 1 would do. If you're looking for a longer lifespan on your device, the iPad Air's the way to go.

I found it for $210 at Game a Stop, I bought a I-Pad mini for the Wife and I already have a 4S that I'm going to Upgrade in a Month or 2. So I'm just going to use it for my Music and maybe a few Movies.

It's a 64 Gig, a 16 Gig won't work for me

It's still kind of pricey. They go on ebay for about 125-175 in good condition with cellular. It's just my personal thought. Not saying you got a bad deal.

Last edited:
Is wait and get some input from some other users at least.

I tend to recommend buyers to steer away from GameStop for buying their iOS devices. GameStop will overprice and overshoot prices of used games, consoles/devices and mobile devices, etc. You're better off buying it off of Amazon, eBay or any of the other dedicated mobile device buy/sell giants that actually gauge the on-going market price and demand for the device. As Ninety5eclipz said, you can get it for about $50 less if not more depending on storage size. There's literally no difference between buying a used one from GameStop and a used one from say Amazon/eBay. The battery will be shot as neither Amazon sellers nor GameStop are willing to replace the battery on it. Unless you buy a brand new device (in which case you might as well buy an iPad 2 or newer), your condition and actual market value of your device will favor you by not buying it off of GameStop.

Always get the newest one you can afford. Old tech is old for a reason. 😉

Back