What's new

I need to view the messages on my wifes old phone. Please read and help. Genuine and in need.

HelpMePlease1

Reaction score
So I'm going to be completely honest here, and maybe to my detriment. I may get deleted or hammered with critism, I don't know.
But I need to seek some answers.

So I think my wife has been having an affair, I don't know 100% but I found a very damning email after I became supicious. I'm not looking to hurt her, just looking for answers.

I want to find out for sure before I ask her as she could still at this point deny it and twist the email. I also want to find out
how far it has gone and for how long. I don't want to hurt her, I still care about her, I just need answers.

I have her iCloud and iTunes password and her email password, but don't know her pincode.

She bought a new iPhone 6 yesterday and the old one is still in the house and not been restored. She may do that tomorrow or may give the
phone away but until she does, I have a chance to get to it.

Is there a way I can view the text messages on there without her knowing? I want to find out for sure and then give her the
opportunity to come clean on her own terms, making it as easy as possible for her. If she doesn't then I have proof
and we will need to talk and try and come up with a solution, even if that means divorce, I am prepared.

I have seen this: Locked iPhone - how to unlock without passcode
and a couple of others that are similar.

I have heard about DFU recovery that I could do on her old phone. Will this send her a notification to her new phone to say that I am
doing it? She could then delete messages and I don't actually want her to know I am doing it.
Is there anyway of getting passed the two part authentification code thing? Or finding out if she has the two part authentification on or off?
If it is off then I can do it on my PC.

Any ideas?

I'm really desperate to know and this is tearing me apart.

Any help is very much greatly appreciated.

I puzzled, you have her email address and password, what are you expecting to find on her iPhone?

If you still love her, then ask her about it, you will in my opinion find out the truth.

Trying to crack the iPhone security measures are not the answer to your doubts.

She might have 2 or 3 different email accounts for all you know.

Take an iTunes backup of the phone, then use an iTunes backup extractor for all the messages. Just google search "iTunes backup extractor" and pick one.

Take an iTunes backup of the phone, then use an iTunes backup extractor for all the messages. Just google search "iTunes backup extractor" and pick one.
You can't just backup an iPhone associated with another Apple ID. The OP would need the iPhone password to unlock the iPhone before a backup could be created. He'd also need the iCloud ID and password. If he doesn't have those, there's nothing he can do.

You can't just backup an iPhone associated with another Apple ID. The OP would need the iPhone password to unlock the iPhone before a backup could be created. He'd also need the iCloud ID and password. If he doesn't have those, there's nothing he can do.

Correct. It would have to already be associated with the computer.

In addition, if the backups are encrypted, theres no way to get anything out of them. Even the FBI can't crack modern iPhone encryption.

I understand how much pain you must be feeling right now, and I am so sorry, but what you propose to do will not help you. The best thing to do is to confront her in a quiet, serious manner. Her eyes will tell you if you are correct. Sometimes relationships fail. We all have to accept it and proceed to do what is in our own best interest, and what is in our own best interest usually means moving on. Good luck.

Do what you can to find out if she's cheating because she will lie to you in your face her texts and everything is on the old phone look at it and find out take pictures on your phone of the texts and if you find something leave her and move on

If you have doubts, it's already over.

You're not a detective, just talk to her like a normal person would and trust that what she's telling you is the truth. If you feel that she's not being truthful and/or is lying to you, it's time to start thinking about moving on. Once trust in a relationship is gone, it's all downhill after that.

Reactions: 933
My wife and I have access to each other's phone pins. It would be an untrustworthy relationship not to. The only secrets we hide from each other are, Xmas and birthday gifts. You should be open and honest with her and don't spy on her, it's not a good look.