What's new

i need help with iphone4 back case!

iphone44

Reaction score
i need help with my back glass cover, the damn phone drop and it chip alittle, hopefully it doesn't crack more. Any way it might still be early to ask this question, tell me if you guy know if know any place to get the glass back cover for iphone4 ?? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this is one of the few that I've heard with a broken glass. We have to be really careful with this phone. I wonder if the invisible shield would have helped.

Go thru Apple keep your warranty good. No telling what other woes will plague the I phone in its 1st year.

If your looking a case for it you can get [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TO53WO/ref=ox_ya_os_product"]Speck CandyShell[/ame] for 32.95 with free shipping. I just ordered one myself this morning.

Hi
Your probably sorted now but ive just replaced the back of my iphone after smashing the glass and now know everything there is too know about the iphone 4 back cover. Not overly complex at all.

Theres a few things you can do depending on how much you have to spend and how confident you are with a bit of iphone DIY

You can buy complete back covers that can be swapped over in seconds which cost roughly £70.

Or you can get just the back glass for £10. However then you have to carfully seperate the broken glass from your plastic frame. The more broken the screen the easier this becomes. The glass is held in with double sided tape believe it or not. So smaller bits peel off better. Once all the old glass is removed peel of the tape and stick down some new tape. Then its just a matter of sticking the new glass in.

The original backs have a seperate rear camera lens and led light diffuser mounted in the back of the glass. However the replacement screens you buy for £10 come as one pieace and instead of having an inserted lens it just leaves circle window in the paint of the glass. You would not notice this detail unless you felt and saw that the silver metal ring around the camera lens wasnt there and instead it was painted on the inside instead.

I know thats a poorly written brief explanation but any other questions just ask.

Cheers

Ben

Did you take any pictures? If you can upload them here that would help a lot. Thanks!

91-smashed-back-after-losing-club-someone-kindly-standing.jpg