What's new

i need help asap!!!!!!!

caseywhee

Reaction score
Hello i just recently swiched from verizon to at&t meaning i needed to get a new iphone. i have my iphone 4s from my old verizon account and my new iphone 4 (not so new). my plans are too use my old iphone as an ipod but i dont want to be charged money. The sim card is in it i assume because its inside the phone it self. how do i know if im being charged? i just reset it over itunes right? please HELP! thanks

Last edited:
If you canceled your Verizon contract, your IMEI and ESN are no longer associated with Verizon. To put it in a more capitalistic way, they won't provide their service knowing you won't pay them. You can also take the SIM out as well, and place the device into airplane mode but leave wifi on so it more closely resembles an iPod. With airplane on, no data is being transmitted via cellular, so that's added comfort if necessary

A restore isn't necessary. On the contrary, if you restore the device, you'll probably have a bigger headache getting it activated again since your Verizon SIM is no longer valid, so you'd have to borrow someone else's SIM to have it activated

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

Last edited:
Most everything will continue to work. No calling or texting. A few apps may not work. But you shouldn't have to do anything. I used my iPhone 4 that way a while after upgrading to the 5 with Verizon.