What's new

Transferring Data From Droid To iPhone 4s

jacofman

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I am seriously thinking about getting the new iPhone 4s. I currently have the original Motorola Droid on Verizon, which is an Android phone. I am planning on buying the new iPhone 4s through Verizon. My question is: Does any know with confidence whether or not I will be able to transfer all of my "contacts" and Google "Calendar" information seamlessly to my new iPhone 4s? I've been told various things, but no one seems to know for sure. Generally, Verizon has a machine that transfers your old data to your new phone. But I don't know if this mechanism works in transferring data from a Droid phone to an iPhone. Any reassurance that this is a "piece of cake" would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

J.

Short answer: yes.
you are going to need a computer, some software like iTunes and maybe internet connection to get it done.

Thanks for your response. Can you walk me through, step by step, how you do this? I am assuming you are only referring to contacts. Does your suggestion also include transferring the data from Google Calendar to the iPhone calendar? Thanks for your help in advance.

J.

I made the same switch from an OG Droid to the iphone 4.

you dont even need a computer to get all of that information over to your iphone. once you have the phone up and running simply goto "settings" then "Mail, Contacts, Calendars". You will see an option that says add account then it will give you a handful of options like iCloud, MS exchange, Gmail, Yahoo.... ETC. Pick gmail enter your information then it will ask you what info you want to sync and pick all three (mail, contacts, calendars) and it will sync all three to the phone.

also by going this route any changes you make on your computer to your contacts, calendar, or email will reflect on the phone seamlessly and vice versa any changes you make on your phone will show up when you goto your calendar or contacts from a PC/Mac.

Last edited:
I to am coming from Android....what if I have two gmail accounts? Does that iPhone "mail" app have room for two mail accounts or is it just one?

konikub said:
I to am coming from Android....what if I have two gmail accounts? Does that iPhone "mail" app have room for two mail accounts or is it just one?

It has room for multiple accounts.

Thanks for all of your help. It was very easy to understand and I'm sure it will go just fine once I get the phone. All the best with yours as well,

J.

Its not transferring all of my contacts from Gmail?
I have iCloud set up and then I set up exchange account, following the steps in Gmail and then its only syncing 50 of my 160 some contacts.
Not sure what the issue is here?

if you use Backup Assistant on your droid, when you activate your iphone download an app called VZ Contact Transfer, it will sync all your contacts