What's new

i hate verizon wireless

Don't give up, tell supervisor your calling better business bureau to report fraud and then switch to AT&T, they aint perfect but they ain't Verizon either. So many people praise Verizon then switched over and r kicking themselves for it everyday.

Hope it all works out for ya!

Qdiddy said:
Don't give up, tell supervisor your calling better business bureau to report fraud and then switch to AT&T, they aint perfect but they ain't Verizon either. So many people praise Verizon then switched over and r kicking themselves for it everyday.

Hope it all works out for ya!

Yeah good thing I didn't have a phone before the iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

In my experience, the customer is 99 percent of the time, wrong.

Post reported. I know what he was trying to say, but there are certainly less hostile ways to say it.

Moderator? Hostile? Really?

To the OP. You need to pursue this with Verizon and get full explanation for charges. Sounds like some wires are crossed. Miscommunication maybe. You should have to pay for the phone service for the time period you had and used it. That should be based on your monthly plan and should be prorated. No way are you going to get very dime back tho.

I have worked for Verizon for 2 years now. And I can agree with the previous comment of Customers are most of the time 99% wrong. What it comes down to is peoples ignorance and how quick they are to blame other people. More than likely you went over your minutes. And if you cancel your account with them they will still charge you for the overage as well the $35 activation fee.

What it comes down to is know what your getting yourself into before you actually do it. Saves a lot of headaches in the long run.

OP edited. Please be aware of our forum rules.

Rule No. 1,

1. No content that is considered racist, obscene, x-rated, or objectionable will be tolerated. All such posts will be deleted without notice and the member who posted it will be banned. This includes avatars.

A full list of the forum rules can be found in the link below,

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/forum-rules-41/iphoneforums-rules-please-read-3711/

Please be aware, I have been lenient this time...

Well, a bit OT, but I'll say I'm not too impressed with VZ tech support (though for that matter most tech support). While trying to get the tethering/personal hotspot working after having it activated on my account, it was problematic. VZ passed me to higher levels of support, ultimately having me deactivate/reset the phone, then telling me I can reactivate it via my iTunes app....although saying I did not need an Internet connection for it to work (I need the phone for personal hotspot as I have no other broadband in my area, I've been tethering via Sprint and with the contract at an end, switched to the VZ iPhone). I kept questioning it, but was told the app would reactivate the phone. Of course, it didn't, I had no more time to mess with it at home, and next day went back to the VZ store and had it activated there (I wasn't able to use the Sprint phone for tethering as it was the phone I was using for the call to tech support). Bottom line, I was civil in my discussions with tech support, and when they dropped the ball and left me with a dead phone I asked for a comp. They credited me the activation fee, so I got something out of the deal. (BTW...the tethering issue turned out to be a old driver on my wi-fi card, once I updated it, things work just fine).

In my experience, the customer is 99 percent of the time, wrong.

agreed, did you read the contract? I have heard as such things as restocking fee's and other absurd fee's that make people rather keep their phones rather than deactivating them.

And this includes policies that are marketed as "easy return" or "test for 30 days"

But I hope you can at least most you can back.

I would not necessarily hate the company if you did not see the terms and condition.

I do understand your frustration with Verizon, but they do tell you durring the purchase that if you turn it in with in the 30 day period that there will be a re-stocking fee of $35.00 and it is called an overage fee. You might not have been told this and it's shame on them for not telling you but if you fight with them enought they will wave it im sure. Good luck

I do understand your frustration with Verizon, but they do tell you durring the purchase that if you turn it in with in the 30 day period that there will be a re-stocking fee of $35.00 and it is called an overage fee. You might not have been told this and it's shame on them for not telling you but if you fight with them enought they will wave it im sure. Good luck

This issue has been fixed and wow after reading all the comments I can honestly say I feel less supportive of this forum more than ever. Why not ask a mod to remove this thread. No reason to keep it open.

Last edited: