What's new

I don't know what phone to get.....

Firefighter1069

Reaction score
Ok so I am eligible for an upgrade on my phone, but don't know which route I should go. First I'll give you some of my background with phones.

I started out with my first smartphone being a Blackberry. I loved it and really didn't want to upgrade to a touch screen, I loved the physical keyboard. But I needed a new phone and everyone I talked to said Blackberry was dying. So I upgraded to a Motorola Droid X. I liked it, but it seemed pretty unorganized once you got into the apps menu, and the screen died on me as I was due for another upgrade. By this time, Verizon finally had the iPhone, and I bought the 4S, even though the workers were pushing me towards a 4G Android. But I went with iPhone, and I LOVED it! Everything was so organized and easy to use, I was very happy with my decision. I had one problem with the first one where it kept wiping the OS off of it, but it was replaced by Verizon and I haven't had any problems since.

Now to today. I'm eligible for another upgrade, but don't know which I should choose. I'm getting kinda bored with iOS, not being able to customize and just the same old layout. I have friends that have left iPhone for Galaxy S5's and love them, and have said I should do the same. I've played around with theirs, and I do like the fresh look and all the the way I can customize it, but once I go into the Apps menu, I think it's unorganized with every single app in a long list that will take me forever to wade through to get to something I will only use a few times and don't want on my main screens.

So I'm back and forth on which way to go with the upgrade, iPhone 5s, an Android (Probably Galaxy S5 or HTC One M8) or maybe even wait for the iPhone 6 to come out and see how iOS 8 looks. Any advice that may help me one way or the other would be appreciated.

(BTW, I have bought some music and apps from iTunes, but I'm not invested that heavily into Apple as of right now.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well as this is an iPhone forum we are naturally biased towards iPhone, Honestly I would wait and see what iPhone 6 brings, It's going to be bigger and better, All indications point to that.
What I'm looking forward to is being able to install SwiftKey on iPhone, Really thrilled about that.

It's now less than 2 months until the release of iOS 8 and the new iPhone 6, which is rumoured to come in 2 sizes, 4.7 and 5.5". iOS 8 offers a host of new features which you should consider before making a decision on what phone to get. Here's an overview of what you can expect when iOS 8 is released. https://www.apple.com/ca/ios/ios8/

Here's some info about the upcoming new iPhone 6. http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-6/

Check out both sites in order to make an informed decision.

Yea I knew their would be some bias posting on here, was hoping I may find someone that may have run into the same problem somewhere along the line and what helped with their decision. Part of me really wants to stay with iPhone, while another part of me wants a fresh look. The bigger screen really isn't a selling point for me. I like a smaller phone that is easier to carry around in my pocket. I'll get a tablet for the bigger screen.

Welcome to iPhone Forums. I think if it was me, I would probably wait approx 2 months for the iPhone 6. I have a 5s and a Note3, and I find myself reaching for my iPhone 75% of the time. I had some kind of Blackberry for approx 6 years before I decided to try something different so I went with the SG3 and then went back to a Blackberry Z10, but shortly after I purchased my Gold 5s in Dec 13', and haven't looked back. I picked up the Note3 in Feb to use mostly as a tablet and Androids ability to totally customize, however the 5s is still my "go to" device.....IT JUST WORKS.

If it were me, I think I'd wait for the 6 to come out and hope to get a better deal on a 5s. Of course, you'd probably be limited to a smaller capacity model, but the saving could be considerable.

I think I am going to wait till the fall when all the new products and systems are released. I just watched Apple's WWDC and Google's I/O, and to be honest. I was more impressed with what the future looks like with Apple. But as far as the 5S or 6, at that point I'd have to go with the 6. I have trouble with space on my 4S with 16 gigs, I'll have to go bigger for sure.

I'd wait for all the rumors to settle in for the iPhone 6 and the possibility of having "2" new iPhone 6's coming out simultaneously as the rumors are claiming to have 2 different screen sizes. But remember that the iPhone 6 has a larger screen, and it's Apple's first step outside of a comfort zone, so it will most likely have a plethora of bugs either with the software and/or hardware. The release/announcement date is around the corner. If it's not as appealing as it's been made to be seen, then you can always jump on the 5S or whichever device you'd like.

Sent from my HTC One M8 via Tapatalk

Wait to see what the 6 will bring and if you don't like that I suggest going with the HTC. I had a few HTC Phones before switching to Apple and I think they're a lot better than the Galaxy Phones.

wait for the iPhone 6 or just go with Galaxy S5 if you cant wait... but my suggestion is go for iPhone 6 it will be release on September

If you go android, I'd go lg g3 or htc one over Samsung. Samsungs build quality sucks, and touch wiz (the samsung overlay to android) is awful. I just went iPhone after a samsung.

Definitely iPhone 6 if you can wait, after trying Samsung Galaxy S5, I switch back to my iphone 4.