What's new

I Can't Generate Any New Mailboxes on iPhone 6

Lucky you. My one remaining pop account is designated that way from my ISP/cable company.
Mine was too, as specified by my ISP. But when I deleted the old POP mail account and re-created it, the default was IMAP. So I let it ride like that and my problem was solved. So you might try that, although you will be cautioned that you will lose all of your old email. So be careful.

And you made me curious and I just discovered my cable company now let's my account be IMAP or pop. So I will be deleting the account and then adding it as an IMAP account. Thank you for the nudge!
Great..........let me know how it works out for you.

Worked like a charm and took 30 seconds. Strangely enough it restored emails I had deleted going back 4 years so getting rid of those took longer. But I am thrilled with the results.

Worked like a charm and took 30 seconds. Strangely enough it restored emails I had deleted going back 4 years so getting rid of those took longer. But I am thrilled with the results.
That's great. We can both thank GamerDogbert from the Apple Support Communities Forum. He's the one who originally posted the solution, a year or so ago. I sent him a post thanking/complimenting him for his efforts. I know for a fact that I would never have figured that our myself.

Well he certainly helped you. And you got me curious so I google my email provider and IMAP and saw that as of last year they too were enabling pop server and IMAP email. When I first set up my iPhone 6 yrs ago they only had pop and every time I get a new iPhone, it just carried over the old settings and I was used to how it worked and didn't think about it until you asked questions. So he helped you, you helped me and hopefully I can help someone else. BTW, for anyone with roadrunner as an email, as of last year they also let you set up as IMAP but you will have to first delete the current one on your phone.

While I have you on the phone, so to speak, how do the 'Likes Received' and 'Trophy Points' work? I can't figure out how to show a Like..........on most forums it is very obvious.

Look at the bottom of someone ne else's post. The is a row of icons and check marks. Thumbs up, thumps down, check mark, X. Etc. you tap on the one you want to give.

Now after you kick yourself for asking and come back so I can tell you, another question most of us asked. I think you asked sooner than me.

Look at the bottom of someone ne else's post. The is a row of icons and check marks. Thumbs up, thumps down, check mark, X. Etc. you tap on the one you want to give.

Now after you kick yourself for asking and come back so I can tell you, another question most of us asked. I think you asked sooner than me.
I see the row now........it's just not visible all the time. However, I don't see Trophy Points. Are they earned after you get so many Likes and/or other favorable votes?

I see the row now........it's just not visible all the time. However, I don't see Trophy Points. Are they earned after you get so many Likes and/or other favorable votes?
You only see them on other people's posts, not your own. And trophy points are awarded for joining, number of posts etc. in addition to what readers give you. If you want to see yours, click here n your profile.

This list shows what you get your trophy points for:
image.jpg