What's new

I am having trouble finding Help on my Iphone.

pats

Reaction score
OK, I found this forum with several user's wonderful help! Thanks to all of you. :)

Here is my first issue-
I don't want to spent an hour+ with Help on the Phone. :(
I never find an answer to my question(s) in the Help on the Internet. :(
I have had a phone since 1995. Every phone was NOT an Iphone until this past year. :(
During the first 17-18 years, I found my phone to be very user friendly. :(
During the last year, I have wanted to smash this phone at least 80 to 100 times. I get so upset I feel myself shaking inside. :(

That is to say "other phone" zero thoughts of smashing and iPhone, constant desire to smash. I cannot afford to change my phone for a long time. I am retired and just want to be able to work this phone.

What I am looking for is Help on the iPhone to stop the desire to smash.

Where is the HELP just for the phone - not the universe.

I hope someone can understand this. Truly I am in awe of the late Steve Jobs. But I don't think like he did. I need a Help section.

BTW-I did teach MS applications for 6 years. Unfortunately, that IS how I think. It IS logical to me. Apple, I cannot find the logic for things. (Why, when I want to go back one page, it kicks me out of the place I am visiting. There are few if any arrows, and no HELP) I should not get started on my frustration, I could write a book on my issues with this device.

Yes, I have gone to the Genius Bar multiple times. They enjoy tapping and flicking their fingers at about 100 mph and then say 'that is how you do it.' I take notes and sometimes, if able, I record what I am told. It should not be so hard to get help.

Pat

Hi and welcome to the forum. It's good to "see" you and we hope you enjoy your visits.

Yes, a new device does take some time to get used to.

Hopefully, this'll be a good place to help you get comfortable with your phone.

Do you have a specific question or issue we can try to help with?

I want to know where the HELP is on the phone.

I want to know how to go 'back a single page' without being kicked out of the whole program.

I want to know why, even when the program says "turn horizontally" the phone does not go into Landscape form. I have to read sideways.

I really don't want to go on and on. I am just trying to make my phone worth what I paid and am paying for it. I can take photos and videos, (doing a happy dance).

When I go into the Internet, it won't let me out of where I last was - I am stuck there. Smashing the phone leads the number of methods that will fix that.

I have had this phone for :(over a year:(. I am only slightly more comfortable than I was a year ago. I keep notes of what I learn.

Thank you for your response. I live in a condo complex where there are 8 of us with the same phone. Only one person feels comfortable with it, at least I am not alone.

BTW - I wanted to upload my avatar (if anyone still uses that term) to this forum but could not figure that out either.

LOL, I just noticed that the "OffLine" shows for me. I guess I am, offline.

Hi pats! Don't give up, there is help here! First of all there is no "help" section that comes with the iPhone. However if you open safari and then go to the apple website then find support at the bottom, you will then see a link for "User Guide". Find the guide for your phi e and then you can bookmark it and save the manual to your phone.

As far as your landscape issue... Open up the control center by swiping up from the bottom of your home screen. Yiu can also get to it in your settings. You will see in the upper right corner a "lock" with a circle around it. If it is highlighted then you have landscape mode locked. Simply unhighlight it and you should be back to normal.

http://help.apple.com/iphone/7/

Click on this link. after the web page comes up save it as an icon to your phone screen by pressing on the square with the arrow pointing out of the top, located at the bottom center of the web page. This should help you with the basics.

Actually, I wonder if you know too much and are over-thinking I find the phone very user friendly but let's get you started. If the web page won't turn from portrait to landscape it could be that you have locked the orientation. Easiest way to check is to flick up the control screen (place your finger on bottom middle of screen and flick upwards) the orientation lock icon is the one with the lock picture, upper right. Make sure it is off, then flick the control center down.

When you are in the internet you can swipe to get to previous screen. When all else fails, the page icon at the lower right corner when tapped will show all open screens and you can touch to move screens or clock the x to close.

Use that link I gave you for a great overview and then ask me or anyone else here to help you figure out what you need.

I

And as far as going back a page, it depends on the app you are using. If it is safari, usually you would use the back arrow at the bottom left on the bottom task bar.

To upload an avatar click on your name in the taskbar upper right (beside inbox and alerts). Use thr drop down menu and click "avatar". You should be able to upload forum avatars or use your own. Let us know if you need more help with this!

coming to iOS from other platforms is a learning curve, frustrating at first but like doing a crossword, once you get behind the mind that wrote it your on your way.

simple things like enlarging text to insert a character is achieved by hold your finger on text, it will produce a magnifying bubble that you can move along the sentence.

personally i turn off auto text, to often rude replacements can be generated. a miss spelt word will be underlined in red, tap on it and a correction will be offered.

persevere, there is a couple if excellent tips apps in the app store to aid you.

Alan

Try Guide 360 for iPhone 5,

even if you have the 4 or 4s much of it will still apply and for a huge sum of £0.69 pence, there's got to be something that will help you.

one if your main frustrations it seems is closing down a window completely, if you have several pages open then look along the top, the current window will have an 'x' box to close it. but if you wish to switch to another app or page then simply tap the greyed out box you need.

to move to another app that is not open, click the home button, select the app and the others are still their greyed out, or double click ti choose to go back to an already open app.

i tend to use notepad to construct longer emails or posts, then copy and past. i find on the iPhone it is way to easy to hit 'send' before your actually finished.

Alan

An excellent book that helps explain how to use your iPhone is called "iPhone: The Missing Manual" get the 7th edition as it cover iOS 7 and the iPhone 5,5s, and 5c.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thank you all so much. I have a small business (gift embroidery) which is keeping me very busy right now and have not had time to work through each response. But I WILL.

Last night, I did not try to get into iCloud, but the iCloud signin screen was on my phone. I tried cancel but it absolutely would NOT cancel. I tried signing in, but, as usual, the password is a problem. For some reason, despite going really slow and checking the letters before they disappear, I often have trouble with my Apple pw. I have no problems with other passwords, just the Apple pw.

I had tried calling the Apple help line but it was 11:10 pm and - closed for the night.

Finally, this morning it took my pw and I can use my phone again.

This time, I was too tired to think of smashing the phone - that just may be progress!! :cool:

Pat