What's new

how to ...

XrayTed

Reaction score
Greetings, just got the 6 today, was considering 6+ but I would feel like I have a microwave on my hip, too big for me. 6 seems like a good compromise, extra real estate makes a nice difference. Don't like the feel, so slim there is almost nothing to grip ,,, Wish they would have made it a few mm thicker and use the space for increased batt. Should have a better grip once my ebay cases arrive.
Sprint really gave me the runaround ... Ordered about 3 weeks ago and she said no prob, will be 7 to 10 days at most. 2 weeks later I checked in and said nope, another week. So I checked in today and she said yep we have them but there might be a problem. You aren't eligible for an upgrade so you'll have to do financing, I asked how that works. She said well, you pay full price for the phone, but a little at a time on your bill until its paid off.

I said wow, after 13 years with sprint thats how it going to be ? My 19 year old son got one weeks ago after being with sprint less than a year, she said well let me call headquarters and see whats going on. When she said no joy I said listen, there is a tmobile store 3 doors down [this was at a mall], and if jumping carriers is what I have to do to get a 6 then thats what I am going to do.
So after more talking she gave me the thumbs up, and I was able to get it for $199. [Not sure if I would have carried through with my threat or not, I have had good service from sprint but like most other outfits, they bend over backwards for new customers and treat their existing ones like Sprint is the one doing us a favor by letting us use their service, just getting sick of it.

Anyhows I synced up and everything is good to go except music and videos. After toying around for hours trying to transfer my music from the 4s to the 6 I gave up and just redownloaded them onto the 6 from my computer.
Videos are a different story, I didn't save them on my computer they are only on the 4s, so how to get them to the 6 ? Tried copytrans, seems pretty useless for that purpose.I remember using winscp for drag n drops, but then I remembered phone has to be jailbroken to use that. Any other decent drag n drop utilities out there ?
Also 1 other thing ,,,, or 2.

* I have 3 "pages" of apps/icons whatever. The first page is not filled up, there are 2 blank spaces yet it started another page which is filled up. Is there a way to fill up the page instead of having blank spots ?

* The login screen light only stays on for a few seconds, is there a way to increase the time it stays on ?

Glad you finally got sorted out.
Regarding filling empty spaces, Just hold your finger on an icon until they wiggle then drag them where you want them to go.
Also if you have apps you won't use for example the apps Apple install simply drag one on top of another so they all go into one folder.

Last edited:
I don't believe that there's a way to change the time that the lock screen stays on before the screen goes black.

In addition to Ivy's advice, just know that the iPhone automatically puts newly downloaded apps onto the second page; they are never put on the first page. Then, if the second page is/gets filled up, the downloaded app will go to the third page ... and so on.

Therefore, if you have empty spaces on your first page, you will have to manually put them there yourself. The good thing about that is that your first page will always be how you make it, no matter how many apps you download.

Marilyn

Greetings, just got the 6 today, was considering 6+ but I would feel like I have a microwave on my hip, too big for me. 6 seems like a good compromise, extra real estate makes a nice difference. Don't like the feel, so slim there is almost nothing to grip ,,, Wish they would have made it a few mm thicker and use the space for increased batt. Should have a better grip once my ebay cases arrive.
Sprint really gave me the runaround ... Ordered about 3 weeks ago and she said no prob, will be 7 to 10 days at most. 2 weeks later I checked in and said nope, another week. So I checked in today and she said yep we have them but there might be a problem. You aren't eligible for an upgrade so you'll have to do financing, I asked how that works. She said well, you pay full price for the phone, but a little at a time on your bill until its paid off.

I said wow, after 13 years with sprint thats how it going to be ? My 19 year old son got one weeks ago after being with sprint less than a year, she said well let me call headquarters and see whats going on. When she said no joy I said listen, there is a tmobile store 3 doors down [this was at a mall], and if jumping carriers is what I have to do to get a 6 then thats what I am going to do.
So after more talking she gave me the thumbs up, and I was able to get it for $199. [Not sure if I would have carried through with my threat or not, I have had good service from sprint but like most other outfits, they bend over backwards for new customers and treat their existing ones like Sprint is the one doing us a favor by letting us use their service, just getting sick of it.

Anyhows I synced up and everything is good to go except music and videos. After toying around for hours trying to transfer my music from the 4s to the 6 I gave up and just redownloaded them onto the 6 from my computer.
Videos are a different story, I didn't save them on my computer they are only on the 4s, so how to get them to the 6 ? Tried copytrans, seems pretty useless for that purpose.I remember using winscp for drag n drops, but then I remembered phone has to be jailbroken to use that. Any other decent drag n drop utilities out there ?
Also 1 other thing ,,,, or 2.

* I have 3 "pages" of apps/icons whatever. The first page is not filled up, there are 2 blank spaces yet it started another page which is filled up. Is there a way to fill up the page instead of having blank spots ?

* The login screen light only stays on for a few seconds, is there a way to increase the time it stays on ?
Settings>General>auto lock. Click on that and tehen the amount of time you want the screen to stay on.

Ah yes, the icon wiggle, I remember doing that in my old ipod.

As far as auto lock, that is for the main screen with all the icons, I meant the login screen which disappears rather quickly [less than 10 sec].

Ah yes, the icon wiggle, I remember doing that in my old ipod.

As far as auto lock, that is for the main screen with all the icons, I meant the login screen which disappears rather quickly [less than 10 sec].
As far as I know, there's no way to change the amount of time the lock screen remains visible without swiping to bring up the log in keyboard.

As far as I know, there's no way to change the amount of time the lock screen remains visible without swiping to bring up the log in keyboard.
sci is correct... there's no way to change the time that your lock screen stays lit.

That sucks, knew that was the case for 4s but figured the option for longer times was available now .... I suppose there must be a reason why they designed it to only be on for a few seconds.
One more - Any way to get rid of useless icons like stocks ?

[QUOTE="XrayTed, post: 344157, member: 110868
One more - Any way to get rid of useless icons like stocks ?[/QUOTE]
I'm afraid you can't, The best you can do there is as I said above, Drop them all into one folder, At least that keeps your screens tidy.