What's new

I just upgraded from a 4S to a 6 & need help

PilateBall

Reaction score
I just bought a 6, and the salesman couldn't get the data from my 4S to the new 6 because the wifi in the store sucks, and my phone couldn't connect. So he told me to do it at home w/ my wifi. I made sure my 4S was backed up to the icloud AND my computer. But I don't know what to do now. Nothing happened on the cloud, and when I tried to restore on my computer, the computer said it had to be set up as a new phone; so I clicked that option. But it wouldn't allow me to restore. I made me download update 8.1.3, eventhough later in the NINE hour period it said that there was another, newer update. so what do I do? how do I get my photos, videos, texts, etc? (I've got my contacts & calendars). Please help me.

A further question: my 4S is updated to iOS8.2, but not the iPhone 6 to which I wish to restore the 4S-based iCloud to. In restoring, I go as far as choose backup, which says iOS8.2 is required and the new phone has iOS8.1.2. Can anyone help on this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A further question: my 4S is updated to iOS8.2, but not the iPhone 6 to which I wish to restore the 4S-based iCloud to. In restoring, I go as far as choose backup, which says iOS8.2 is required and the new phone has iOS8.1.2. Can anyone help on this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You can't install a backup from an iPhone on a newer iOS version on an iPhone with an older iOS version. If you want to use the backup from your iPhone 4S on your iPhone 6, you'll have to update your iPhone 6 to iOS 8.2 first.

Thanks. With assistance I was able to upgrade the new phone to iOS 8.2 using ITunes. After that restoring iCloud backup became a cinch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for letting us know that the problem has been solved. It's nice to hear how things work out, especially the success stories.