What's new

How to unlock iPhone 3GS

hakobyan.arman

Reaction score
Hi to everyone. I'm new here and I'm looking for help. I have an iPhone 3GS and it works only with one cell operator. How can I unlock it and the same time not to loose the original software? After that I want to update the software or install the applications as usual. Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance.

If you want to be able to upgrade your iOS without having to re-apply the jailbreak, your only option is to go for an IMEI/carrier unlock, which is permanent. Software unlocks require jailbreaking and after you upgrade your iOS, you have to re-apply it.

Sorry, but I understand nothing. I never did unlocking and know nothing about jailbracking.

My iOS version is 6.1.3. I haven't 6.1.2.shsh. How can I jailbreak the iPhone?

Download RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3. Download the iOS 6.0 IPSW for the iPhone 3GS. Run RedSn0w, click Extras > Select IPSW and point it to the iOS 6.0 IPSW. Click back, click Jailbreak, DFU mode the device. Click Next. Let the jailbreak data load. Once finished Just Boot the device in Extra > Just Boot.

thx, And what should I do after iPhone boots? Can I use it with all carrier operators?

$Untitled.jpg
When I select the IPSW and point it to the iOS 6.0 IPSW this message appears

iPhone SN is 87140D66EDG

Last edited:
Click Yes. You're XX140 meaning the 14th week of 2010, so you have a new bootrom 3GS.

I installed Cydia, Jailbrack and boot the device, but still can't use other carriers

You won't be able to use any carrier regardless in your case since you don't have proper blobs to downgrade to an UltraSn0w supported iOS. UltraSn0w is incompatible with any iOS above 6.1 for the iPhone 4 and 3GS.

any recommendations on where or how to get a carrier unlock besides calling AT&T?

If you want to be able to upgrade your iOS without having to re-apply the jailbreak, your only option is to go for an IMEI/carrier unlock, which is permanent. Software unlocks require jailbreaking and after you upgrade your iOS, you have to re-apply it.

IMEI remote unlocks. We only recommend ApplenBerry.com here on iPhoneForums. Any other sources are at your own risk.