What's new

How to sync Iphone to a different computer?

Materialgirl

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here & I was wondering how to sync my Iphone4 to a different computer. My old one the USB slot is broken & I'm working on getting that fix,however is there anyone out there that could help a girl up?!!!!

Perhaps I'm not understandiong your question, but I believe you can hook/synch to as many computers as you want. The trick is to have iTunes on each computer, and your iPhone will synch (whatever THAT means) to each computer individually. I have my iPhone on 3 different computers, all with their "backup" files for my iPhone. If one computer goes bad, I'll always have the others for my backups. (Note: other than backup, I dare not do anything else in iTunes for fear of losing Contacts, photos, other important stuff....)
Is this what you were asking?

EWyatt said:
Perhaps I'm not understandiong your question, but I believe you can hook/synch to as many computers as you want. The trick is to have iTunes on each computer, and your iPhone will synch (whatever THAT means) to each computer individually. I have my iPhone on 3 different computers, all with their "backup" files for my iPhone. If one computer goes bad, I'll always have the others for my backups. (Note: other than backup, I dare not do anything else in iTunes for fear of losing Contacts, photos, other important stuff....)
Is this what you were asking?

You Are correct ewyatt but I would add authorizing the computer first. He should see the store tab in iTunes and you'll see authorize this computer in that menu. Great job ewyatt

Yeah, I just copied my entire iTunes folder from my old machine to my new machine. And authorized it, and plugged in my iPhone and sync'd it. kamagra online and also go to play for money It never even knew the difference.

Last edited:
How did you copy your entire itunes folder to your new machine? I was going to copy my backup and restore it on a new pc, but I couldn't find the backup folder where "the missing manual" book said it would be....

aljohn said:
How did you copy your entire itunes folder to your new machine? I was going to copy my backup and restore it on a new pc, but I couldn't find the backup folder where "the missing manual" book said it would be....

You have to have a external harddrive

You Are correct ewyatt but I would add authorizing the computer first. .........

Yeah, I forgot the part about authorizing. That helps!

Nice shades!! And teeth!