What's new

how to send a itune song in a text message, is it possible?

Song2email can be found in the app store for free allows you to send music via and email don't think receiver can save tho

Song2email can be found in the app store for free allows you to send music via and email don't think receiver can save tho
Great idea! Now THAT would be in keeping with the laws since "streaming" music from a site IS acceptable. I'll have to check that out! I wonder if they simply show a link in the text?
UPDATED: Just checked out. Only works for email - not texts. And only allows streaming play. No way the song can be saved in the other person's library. They'd have to buy it.

Last edited:
Great idea! Now THAT would be in keeping with the laws since "streaming" music from a site IS acceptable. I'll have to check that out! I wonder if they simply show a link in the text?
UPDATED: Just checked out. Only works for email - not texts. And only allows streaming play. No way the song can be saved in the other person's library. They'd have to buy it.

No, the application actually sends the file. And streaming music is only legal if you have a license agreement in place with the rights holder to do so.

You can send the song via email to other phones ie I have just sent to my mrs galaxy an was able to save as a song in her library

That is correct. Android relies on the user of the software to uphold the law.

You can send the song via email to other phones ie I have just sent to my mrs galaxy an was able to save as a song in her library
Wow. Unbelievable Apple allows such an app. So NOT in keeping with the law. Nuff said.

Wow. Unbelievable Apple allows such an app. So NOT in keeping with the law. Nuff said.

I wonder if when the person on the receiving end cliks on the received song in their library if it asks to 'authorize' that computer with the original sender's AppleID - essentially making the receiver's computer one of the 5 authorized computers you get to play music on. THAT would make sense to me.

this is getting ....interesting:)
maybe send a song in an email, then copy and past the link in a text, I wonder>>>