What's new

how to send a itune song in a text message, is it possible?

buckz6319

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new iphone 4 junkie

I'm searching and searching, can't find the answer to my question.

I downloaded a song from itunes and want to send it in a text message to someone

Question: How to send a itune song in a text message, is it possible?

thanks for your help. I appreciate it

You cannot send a full song in a SMS with a stock iPhone. sorry. However, if you happen to be jailbroken, you can send whatever you want in an iMessage or email.

thanks, for the info...at least I know that i could send a partial song in sms, however it's not going to have the same effect as the whole song would have:(
now let me go search that jailbreak you write about

thanks, again

thanks, for the info...at least I know that i could send a partial song in sms, however it's not going to have the same effect as the whole song would have:(
now let me go search that jailbreak you write about

thanks, again
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for Beginners
iPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Forum Rules

thank you for the links, they make good read :) me like

Use Air Blue Sharing if your J.B.
thanks for the info, however I'm not sure if I will do the j.B. thing, yet. I mean it sounds good and all, but haven't convienced myself to do it

It's not legal to share copyrighted music via a text or email ever. That's why it's not provisioned for in Apple's implementation of SMS. If you're jailbroken it just makes it easier to break the law with regard to sharing music. :-/

You can always send a link to the song on iTunes so they can BUY the song as they should.

Last edited:
pianoman said:
It's not legal to share copyrighted music via a text or email ever. That's why it's not provisioned for in Apple's implementation of SMS. If you're jailbroken it just makes it easier to break the law with regard to sharing music. :-/

You can always send a link to the song on iTunes so they can BUY the song as they should.

Yeah, I'd rather send my friends a bunch a free music.;)

Yeah, I'd rather send my friends a bunch a free music.;)
There is "some" free music out there - but not much. Pirating of music is 100 times more prevalent than pirating of apps.

pianoman said:
There is "some" free music out there - but not much. Pirating of music is 100 times more prevalent than pirating of apps.

Suppose your rite about that. I know I can download free music on my phone via the MewSeek tweak from Cydia. Even adds the songs straight to the iPod library. I have no idea where it comes from tho.lol. Just know its abundant.lol.

thanks, I do understand what your saying, however when I purchase a song, I feel that I can do whatever I want with it, send it in an email, send it in a text to someone, give it to someone ect

thanks, I do understand what your saying, however when I purchase a song, I feel that I can do whatever I want with it, send it in an email, send it in a text to someone, give it to someone ect
Ok... we're getting a bit off track here and into a discussion of the rights and wrongs of piracy. Let's get back to the OP's original question about sending a full length song via text or email. Short and simple... it's something that Apple does not allow natively on the iPhone. The only way to do such is to Jailbreak.

thanks!! and the answer to my question is it possible "NO" , legally, however I could do it through jailbreak")