What's new

How to rip and play Blu-ray DVD movies on iPhone 4S

yao847zi

Reaction score
The iPhone 4S has an identical design to the iPhone 4, but its guts are all new. Although that might be a disappointment to some people (no larger display, no slimmer body, no tear-shape game-friendly design), I am actually pretty happy with it. I really like the iPhone 4 design: It's still the thinnest smartphone available, and it has a stylish, premium look thanks to the glass face and back.
convert-blu-ray-and-dvd-movie-to-iphone-4_clip_image001.jpg

I am a little disappointed to see that the screen real estate didn't get a bump. I'm definitely not asking for a 4.5-inch display (which is too big in my opinion), but 4 inches or even 3.7 inches would make Web browsing, movie watching, and gaming a bit more comfortable.
Anyway, the iPhone 4S features 1080P recording and playback. And more pixels improved the image quality. It supports H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats. So the iPhone 4S is a very good media player to play 1080P Blu-ray/DVD movies. Follow this guide to rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD movies to 1080P H.264 video format for playback on iPhone 4S.
Step 1. Free download and install this Blu-ray Ripper as Blu-ray/DVD to iPhone 4S Converter
Click "BD/DVD ROM or BD/DVD Folder" to load Blu-ray/DVD disc or Blu-ray/DVD folder files. It will decrypt the Blu-ray DVD disc automatically when loading disc.
20101210204139723.jpg

Step 2. Set output audio/video format for iPhone 4S
Click the pull down menu at the opposite side of "Format", then follow "Common video" >> "H.264 video" for iPhone 4S. You can still choose "subtitles" and "language" for targert file through "Subtitle" option above "Format".
201012115039316.jpg

Step 3: Adjust video and audio parameters
To get 1080P quality Mp4 for iPhone 4S, you are allowed to click "Settings" button to optimized the output file quality by adjusting video and audio parameters. The codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, and audio channel are all adjustable in the following interface.
201012115039155.jpg

Step 4. Start to convert Blu-ray/DVD
When the above mentioned steps are done, you can click "Convert" button to start converting Blu-ray movies for iPhone 4S. A command line/DOS window will open and start to process the video conversion.
Step 5. copy Blu-ray DVD to iPhone 4S
After conversion, you can click "Open" button to find the converted files. If you'd like to convert all the selected Titles into one file, do not forget to check "Merge into one file" before converting movie. OK, everything's done. Now you may open iTunes and sync the files to your brand new iPhone 4S. Enjoy the movies!
For Mac Users: Blu-ray Ripper for Mac