What's new

How to Reinstall Cydia? - iPhone 5s 7.06

Scoobster

Reaction score
Hi Guys - I've had a little search online and on the forums but no luck in fixing my problem so far.

For some reason my Cydia wont open anymore and seems to have crashed, every time I open it, it opens and then just exists.

I've tried rebooting my my iPhone several times and tried reinstalling Cydia by using a Download Manager & iFile - but it hasn't fixed my problem. Link Removed

It was originally jailbroken using evasi0n. I don't necessarily need to reinstall Cydia but it's the only thing I can think of that may help. If you know something else I can do please suggest it!

Any more information please just ask! Thanks in advanced guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You're attempting to install an ancient version of Cydia on your device.

If you have MobileTerminal installed, run the following commands in order:

• su root
  • <type in your SSH password here> (if you haven't changed it, it's "alpine" without the quotes)
  • apt-get remove Cydia
  • apt-get install Cydia

If you want to install it via Cydia Installer through SSH then iFile, or using iFunBox, you can download 1.1.9 here.

Oh right! Just installed the lastest .deb that you linked to!

Thanks willerz2! You've saved me a lot of hassle!

By the way for someone who may be in this position in the future and is not so techy like myself. All I did was email the cydia.deb file that willerz2 provided for me (though make sure you're d/l the latest cydia packaging.

opened email, opened the attachment in iFile, clicked it, clicked on 'installer' it went to a black screen to install it, rebooted phone by holding down home button and top power button both together at the same time, until phone turned off and turned back on, when apple logo comes on, let go.

let phone load. Cydia's back :)

By the way for someone who may be in this position in the future and is not so techy like myself. All I did was email the cydia.deb file that willerz2 provided for me (though make sure you're d/l the latest cydia packaging.

opened email, opened the attachment in iFile, clicked it, clicked on 'installer' it went to a black screen to install it, rebooted phone by holding down home button and top power button both together at the same time, until phone turned off and turned back on, when apple logo comes on, let go.

let phone load. Cydia's back :)

Respringing will do. If you're not using a tweak like CCSettings for iOS 7 or SBSettings for iOS 6- that allows you to respring, you'll have to perform a reboot as stated above, or, trigger a respring with say Springtomize 2/3, or Winterboard, or any tweak that causes you to respring after a change is made