What's new

how to put iphone into lock mode?

copdocpvd

Reaction score
I understand how to "turn off" the screen by pressing the button on the top right of the phone, but is there a way to force the phone into full "lock" (as in, you would have to enter a password to view/use anything again)?

You can activate that in the settings app. Passcode loxk

I understand how to "turn off" the screen by pressing the button on the top right of the phone, but is there a way to force the phone into full "lock" (as in, you would have to enter a password to view/use anything again)?

Don't use it myself, but in your Settings/General, scroll down and you will see Passcode lock. I believe that's what you are looking for.

As well as setting a Passcode Lock... you'll need to have Auto-Lock enabled. This is the actual setting that will lock your phone when it's inactive for a set time, between 1-5 minutes depending on your preference.

I might not have been as clear as I thought...

I have passcode lock activated.

What I'm looking to do is be able to instantly put the phone into passcode lock (let's say I am walking away from my desk for a few minutes and don't want to take the phone, but don't want anyone else to access it)

copdocpvd said:
I might not have been as clear as I thought...

I have passcode lock activated.

What I'm looking to do is be able to instantly put the phone into passcode lock (let's say I am walking away from my desk for a few minutes and don't want to take the phone, but don't want anyone else to access it)

Aside from hitting the lock button... Auto-Lock being active will lock it for you.

Aside from hitting the lock button... Auto-Lock being active will lock it for you.

Gotcha...when changing the settings for auto-lock, it'll lock it in one minute (or two, or three...). I was hoping there was some way to lock it instantly with no time delay.

Thanks!

I agree. Just hitting the top power button/lock button will instantly lock it for you.

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Oh! I didn't know that. I apologize! I thought it did. My husband tries to hack my phone all the time LoL

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.