What's new

How to manually back up

RedSox

Reaction score
Hi

How can I back up just one app? I want to do a full factory restore on my phone and then start it as a 'new phone'. But there is one app that I don't want to loose the data from and can't see a way if being able to back it up :-/

Is your iPhone jailbroken now?
If yes, go to Cydia. Download and back up to dropbox.

If not jailbreak. Hmm not so sure.

I personally recommend iFunBox or iExplorer. Both applications work for Windows and Mac, and the UI is very easy to get the hang of, especially iExplorer in my opinion since there are literally buttons that say "Music", "Video", "Messages", etc etc on the home screen that brings you straight to the directory. If you're a more advanced user (more towards jailbreakers) iFunBox will seem very familiar as it's almost iFile-like. Both have been around for a while now and work for BOTH jailbroken and unjailbroken devices.

Simply drag and drop the items from inside iFunBox/iExplorer into a folder on your desktop to organize them, them drag and drop them back into iTunes onto your device after you've done a restore or whenever you need them. They're also share-able in this state as well, so if you have some notes that you want to share, you can just sync them or email them from your computer for mass-sharing.

Official links are below:

iFunBox

iExplorer

Thanks guys :)

My phone isn't Jailbroken yet, I'm still learning basic stuff lol.

If you've had experience or have interactions with rooting on the Android, it's a similar feat with iFunBox or iExplorer except you have root access on your computer as opposed to direct root access on the phone itself. You can have root access on your phone, but it'll require that you jailbreak