What's new

how to install new message tones

lazerbeam123

Reaction score
can anyone tell me how to install new message tones,ican do ringtones but everytime i get a new message tone from i tunes it goes into ringtones and i cant move it,there is no message tone section on my i tunes page.

after jailbreak... what we should do? any application for new message allert tone? or just jailbreak you can put some custom SMS tone?

thanks

after jailbreak... what we should do? any application for new message allert tone? or just jailbreak you can put some custom SMS tone?

thanks

type in sms tone in cydia there is a while section where you can download themes then with OpenSSH navigate to that theme and change the .caf file with one of your own, you can convert mp3s to .caf with itunes

there is another way to do it but i found this way easier. i downloaded Simpsons themes and i changed one of the tones

Anyone know why I can only save two custom ring tones at a time? I've used the full version of apps such as Ringtones and RMaker and they work fine. For two. But it seems "the phone" won't allow me to save any more. I would think you could save as many as you like and assign them for custom ringtones. Or is there a built in max of just a couple you can have working at a time??

no only you are having this problem, ive saved as many ringtones as i wanted.. not just from openSSH but from itunes the official way before i even jailbroke. so it sounds like your not doing it right it doesent like the format of the other tones or something..

what exactly do you do to upload ringtones?

Anyone know why I can only save two custom ring tones at a time? I've used the full version of apps such as Ringtones and RMaker and they work fine. For two. But it seems "the phone" won't allow me to save any more. I would think you could save as many as you like and assign them for custom ringtones. Or is there a built in max of just a couple you can have working at a time??

maybe this video will help you to see if your doing anything wrong...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qLfboq2YzI]YouTube - Ringtones[/ame]

now its a how to video that you probably know most of the process but it might be worth watching so you can see what your doing wrong

Thanks but the video was "unavailable". Weird. Got anything else?!