What's new

How To Enable Spotlight to search data App?

jauhari

Reaction score
Is it possible to enable Spotlight to search data on external app? Example I was install Awesome Note, I want Spotlight to be able search data on Awesome Note. Is it possible? How?

Go to settings > general > spotlight search and make sure applications is ticked.

It will search certain parts of certain apps but not all. You will just need to try it. I think it will work with a notes app. It worked with my to do list app when I used it in the past...

Go to settings > general > spotlight search and make sure applications is ticked.

It will search certain parts of certain apps but not all. You will just need to try it. I think it will work with a notes app. It worked with my to do list app when I used it in the past...
That I want is search The Data on the App not the Name of the Applications.... Is it Possible?

Yes spotlight will search certain data in certain apps. You will just have to try it and find out if it works with yours...

Yes spotlight will search certain data in certain apps. You will just have to try it and find out if it works with yours...
The Application data (example notes on my Awesome Note) not indexed by Spotlight :(
Spotlight only indexed the name of all my app on my iPhone

It does only work with certian apps. Like I said it worked with 'To Do List' when I had that. Mind you that was before 4.0 came out.

If for example I made a note saying 'remember to get milk'. If I searched for
'milk' in spotlight it would show up the To Do List app for me...