What's new

How to enable iCloud Email On Non-iOS 5 iPhone, iPod touch And iPad

smoey

Reaction score
Apple provides free Internet service, and Email service once again. Not only this, such as, iCloud feature just as the core app upgrade for .Mac and MobileMe. Nevertheless, iCloud will focus on the future and beyond previous service as the target. Apple’s goal is to integrate all of its products, and better integrate iCloud into the constantly evolving iPhone, iPad, and Macs.iCloud need to be based iOS 5 system support,which supports devices: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, 3,4-generation iPod Touch, iPad 1 and iPad 2. As for the Mac, you need to powered the Mac OS X Lion system and the need for iTunes 10.3 or later version supports.The current version of Apple iOS is 4.3.5, and iCloud only alailable in iOS 5 beta, if you have not update the device to iOS 5, then you can not use iCloud Email, but, always a way, you need set as the following steps to use iCloud Email in iOS 4.3.5 or below. Open your email client and use these details to sign in:Step 1: Navigate to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Add Account… and select “Other”Step 2: Select “Add Mail Account” and type in your iCloud info.Step 3: Under IMAP>Incoming Mail ServerHost name – p02-imap.mail.me.comUsername – Email excluding “@me.com”Step 4: Under IMAP>Outgoing Mail ServerHost name – smtp.me.comIf you cannot send mail: Go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Choose Account, under IMAP select your account. Under Outgoing Mail Server select SMTP, select the Primary Server, and under Outgoing Mail Server input the optional Username and Password along with switching Use SSL to “on”.Update: If you get an error stating that p02-imap.mail.me.com is not respronding please try p04-imap.mail.me.com.Good luck, and hope you enjoy!! ***Deleted Outside Link***
Moderation Notice:​ This thread has been edited by the iPF Staff in accordance with our [URL="http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/forum-rules-41/iphoneforums-net-forum-rules-please-read-respect-our-rules-30950/]Forum Rules[/URL].

Last edited by a moderator:
So how do i create the iCloud account first of all, i don't have any iOS 5 dev account if that matter.

apple provides free internet service, and email service once again. Not only this, such as, icloud feature just as the core app upgrade for .mac and mobileme. Nevertheless, icloud will focus on the future and beyond previous service as the target. Apple’s goal is to integrate all of its products, and better integrate icloud into the constantly evolving iphone, ipad, and macs.

Icloud need to be based ios 5 system support,which supports devices: Iphone 3gs, iphone 4, 3,4-generation ipod touch, ipad 1 and ipad 2. As for the mac, you need to powered the mac os x lion system and the need for itunes 10.3 or later version supports.

The current version of apple ios is 4.3.5, and icloud only alailable in ios 5 beta, if you have not update the device to ios 5, then you can not use icloud email, but, always a way, you need set as the following steps to use icloud email in ios 4.3.5 or below.

Open your email client and use these details to sign in:

Step 1: Navigate to settings>mail, contacts, calendars>add account… and select “other”
step 2: Select “add mail account” and type in your icloud info.
Step 3: Under imap>incoming mail server
host name – p02-imap.mail.me.com
username – email excluding “@me.com”
step 4: Under imap>outgoing mail server
host name – smtp.me.com
if you cannot send mail: Go to settings>mail, contacts, calendars>choose account, under imap select your account. Under outgoing mail server select smtp, select the primary server, and under outgoing mail server input the optional username and password along with switching use ssl to “on”.

Update: If you get an error stating that p02-imap.mail.me.com is not respronding please try p04-imap.mail.me.com.

Good luck, and hope you enjoy!! [via ipad2iphone5]

thank youuuu from lima peru

Apple provides free Internet service, and Email service once again. Not only this, such as, iCloud feature just as the core app upgrade for .Mac and MobileMe. Nevertheless, iCloud will focus on the future and beyond previous service as the target. AppleÂ’s goal is to integrate all of its products, and better integrate iCloud into the constantly evolving iPhone, iPad, and Macs.

iCloud need to be based iOS 5 system support,which supports devices: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, 3,4-generation iPod Touch, iPad 1 and iPad 2. As for the Mac, you need to powered the Mac OS X Lion system and the need for iTunes 10.3 or later version supports.

The current version of Apple iOS is 4.3.5, and iCloud only alailable in iOS 5 beta, if you have not update the device to iOS 5, then you can not use iCloud Email, but, always a way, you need set as the following steps to use iCloud Email in iOS 4.3.5 or below.

Open your email client and use these details to sign in:

Step 1: Navigate to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Add Account… and select “Other”
Step 2: Select “Add Mail Account” and type in your iCloud info.
Step 3: Under IMAP>Incoming Mail Server
Host name – p02-imap.mail.me.com
Username – Email excluding “@me.com”
Step 4: Under IMAP>Outgoing Mail Server
Host name – smtp.me.com
If you cannot send mail: Go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Choose Account, under IMAP select your account. Under Outgoing Mail Server select SMTP, select the Primary Server, and under Outgoing Mail Server input the optional Username and Password along with switching Use SSL to “on”.

Update: If you get an error stating that p02-imap.mail.me.com is not respronding please try p04-imap.mail.me.com.

Good luck, and hope you enjoy!! [via iPad2iPhone5]
works like a charm

Thank you so much for this vital information which enabled me to add my icloud account back into my iphone 3G after I had to change the password for some reason. You have saved me ÂŁ500 for a new phone when mine worked perfectly well until today. Now all is back to normal - thanks to you. V

For those who are using Thunderbird on Linux OS, all I had to do was input my name, iCloud email address and password. Thunderbird fetched the proper settings from the iCloud server and it was all set up for me.