What's new

How to check sim lock status - emei - for factory unlock status

BJW

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently been trying to find if the "factory unlocked" iphone I bought recently is really factory unlocked, or if I got scammed.

As a result of my googling I found a bunch of sites advertising they will check your EMEI number and tell you your phone is a true factory unlocked version or not.

Problem is, all of these sites advertise on the google search page that they will check your emei for free, but when you go to them and enter the emei they suddenly tell you that you have to pay for a full lock status check. I could not find any sites that will actually check the sim lock status without a payment.

The best one I found seemed to be iphoneox but the status it gave was:
"Sim lock status:Sorry... No information about this imei!"

So still not sure if this type of service is for real or not.

Anyone know of any other way to check if phone is factory unlocked version by the EMEI number?

Thanks!

No news is good news?

I'll be honest, I don't know much about unlocked phones but if you want to find out about your EMEI number you can call whomever your provider is or will be. They will let you know. If they simply say you can't use it then you have an issue.

Did you try to put a sim card in from another provider?

Hi, yea but not until too late, the phone was for a friend to take back home overseas (why we couldn't wait to order one directly from Apple) and when she tried it with her provider back home they are telling her it's "locked to Canada" and she has to pay $100 to have it unlocked.

This is the ad they guy posted that I bought it from:
"White iPhone 5 16 GB Factory Unlocked SEALED"

You have to restore your iPhone before your iPhone is unlocked