Discussion in 'iPhone Help' started by Sahin, Sep 20, 2010.
This link above doesn't workie . .
1). Download MyContacts Backup from AppStore. It is free, and very easy to use, you just create a vcf file of all the contacts by clicking the backup button, then email it to yourself, and then when you are done with the restore, you access that email from your phone and click on the attachment and it will restore your contacts back to your phone.
2) Photos and videos you just pull from your device where it is recognized as a USB drive in "My Computer".
3) As for text messages, you would have to pull them out via iBackupExtractor or something similar (you have to go to var/mobile/library/SMS/sms.db and copy that db file to your desktop and then put it back.
4) Go to itunes, right click on your device and do TRANSFER PURCHASES (to get your apps into itunes), and then right click again and do BACKUP IPHONE.
5) For the music, if you have it on your computer, you can just sync it back later with itunes.
6) IMPORTANT: Remember to do SETUP AS NEW when the restore process asks you to (do NOT do update, do RESTORE, it is better).
7) After you are done with your restore/setup as new, then you can sync your stuff back.
"Backup is not the same as sync. Syncing is where it checks what is on the computer vs what is on the iPhone & tries to make it the same on both.
A backup checks what is on the phone & essentially copies it to a file that can be used in case of an emergency or data loss." That's what I saw on the internet,hope these words will help you^_^
BTW,you can always google your question and find articles that may be of great help, just like this one:How to transer or backup iPhone contents to PC.Hope it will help
Can't you use iTuens and iCloud? No other program needed.
Separate names with a comma.