What's new

How much do you expect to pay for an iPhone 5?

in the uk and other countries apple stores that had the iphone factory unlocked the phone was around 800+ euros and i paid 600 uk pounds for mine 32GB so i expect very similar prices for the 5, hopefully cheaper as if i decide i want the phone i will sell my iphone 4 and i can only get around 300 for it so hopefully apple will make it cheaper lol
You should manage a 380 quid for a factory unlocked 32GB. I fix them for people and buy broken iPhones and sell them on once repaired. if i were you i'd not take less then £350 though and thats my idea basically once the iPhone 5 appears although awaiting to see what issues it has if and when it is released

Probably if i use Ebay yes but i am just going by what i was offered on Enviro phone. But the more the better really because if i decide to go with the iphone 5 i would end up having to make up the rest myself from what ever i make form the 4 unless i get a o2 contract or something.

but once the iphone 5 is announced i think depending on if its good or not then we will see a lot of people trying to sell their 4's to get the 5.

currently the beta 5 is set to expire on the 29th September so it seems we are very close to the end of the betas of ios 5 i would guess 7-8 betas for ios 5 now.

jbs06civicsi said:
No, i believe it will only be 32 and 64.

I'm with you on this one. $199.00 for a 32gb on a 2 year contract, $299.00 for a 64gb on a 2 year contract. That'd be good for marketing. More storage on a new device for the same price the iPhone 4 sold at with half the storage. I can see the iPhone 4 being $99.00 for the first six months after iPhone 5's release then $49.00 after the first six months. That's just my humble opinion though :)!

This is right. I also had some research and this is what I found.

I hope it will be priced just the same as iPhone 4 or even cheaper :)

I dont see there being much of a price difference from now for the unlocked and locked devices though when i bought my iphone 4 it was 499 and 599 and it got more expensive after the tax increase so hopefully we can get it a bit cheaper but who knows it could be worth paying more for if the device has a lot of changes and upgrades

I haven't done much research on it, but I would assume that the iPhone 5 should be around the. 2-300 dollar range respectively, with contract. And good luck getting one on release date!

Last edited:
danielgfreeman said:
I haven't done much research on it, but I would assume that the iPhone 5 should be around the. 2-300 dollar range respectively, with contract. And good *edited* luck getting one on release date!

Please refrain from using profanity.

I'd be wary of 1st issues of anything, the 5 would need to be significantly better to budge me from the 4, as example peeps still buy the 3gs

From the rumor mill - the iPhone 5 is supposed to be more affordable than the iPhone 4.

I agree with darkstar2007. 199$ for a 32 and 299$ for a 64. I really don't think people would pay 400 dollars for a phone...just an opinion. But I also don't think that the iPhone 4 will go down to 50$ after only 6 months. Maybe A year or more?? But were forgetting something! Isn't it true that there's a rumored iPhone 4S? What would we expect to pay for one of those bad boys?

pmakey said:
I agree with darkstar2007. 199$ for a 32 and 299$ for a 64. I really don't think people would pay 400 dollars for a phone...just an opinion. But I also don't think that the iPhone 4 will go down to 50$ after only 6 months. Maybe A year or more?? But were forgetting something! Isn't it true that there's a rumored iPhone 4S? What would we expect to pay for one of those bad boys?

The only reason I'm speculating the iPhone 4 dropping down to $50 after six months, is due to the fact AT&T subsidized the iPhone 3GS to $50 after the iPhone 4 had been on the market for six months. Well actually now the I think about it I think it was lowered to $50 after the Verizon iPhone released!

I am not sure the iPhone 5 can go for that low this time..In Uk it will probably go for like 500pounds or more. But if it definitely goes for like $399(64GB). I WILL SURE BUY IT :)

I am not sure the iPhone 5 can go for that low this time..In Uk it will probably go for like 500pounds or more. But if it definitely goes for like $399(64GB). I WILL SURE BUY IT :)

I dont see there being much of a price difference if any at all, apart from the sim free devices and the ones you get much cheaper from the carriers or free even when you pay large amounts of £ per month. I see it being the same prices as now and if there is a 64GB model then a cheaper 16GB model If we are given the option for 16 or only two 32 and 64GB and the 32GB taking the price of the 16GB devices

Same as always - $199 for 16GB $299 for 32GB. If its any more than thisj ust because of the (rumored) coming to Sprint, I will die. Lol

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...

Hopefully they will follow suit and keep them in the $200-$300 range. I have three offers of $250 for my white 16gb iphone4. So if I qualify to upgrade the cost will be minimal.