What's new

How Long Should Battery Last on a Full Charge

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I know this is a very tricky question with several variables, but I feel my new 8 Plus's battery is not lasting all that much longer on a full charge as did my 5s. I am in the process of charging it back up to 100% now, and I will time it once it reaches full charge.

It has basically just sat on my desk. I am not using blue tooth. I have Wifi turned on. I am not using any apps. I would expect the battery to hold a charge a lot better than this.

Thanks.

How long is it lasting? I've been reading of some iPhones on the newest iOS 13 version with some serious battery issues

I have not kept close watch over it, but I do not talk on it a lot, and if I am home, which I am most of the time, I use my computer instead of apps. I guess I noticed I could fully charge it, and it lost more than half power within about 12 hours even though not really in use. I could monitor it and be more precise. It would be interesting to know how fast it loses power just sitting on my desk. Will let you know what I find out. Thanks.

Check all your settings, especially in location services. And also background app refresh. I have background refresh turned off, and all my apps set to “only while using”, for location services. Also don’t using live wallpapers and the perspective option on home and lock screen wallpapers drains the battery a bit faster. Emails being pushed manually is the best way to do this unless absolutely needed. I just open my app throughout the day and check them manually. And the last thing I can think of is notifications. Again, I have most of mine turned off other then phone and messaging, and check them manually. Also display brightness. You can go into your settings under “Battery”, and see what is using the most power. It will show you your app usage, and also what is using the most battery. Hope all this helps and enjoy that new phone. Good day.

Thank you 933. I have let go my ISP, at least for a while. I have getting used to my new iPhone. I will check those items you mentioned. I am only using notifications on email and messages. I guess I am getting reasonable battery life. I am using apps a lot more now. They work differently from using my laptop to go on-line, but I am slowly getting used to them.

One unexpected thing I have found is how much my neck hurts using this mobile to read emails and browse the web, etc. I also was surprised at how much heavier is this 8 Plus compared to my 5s. I can ease neck pain by lying down, but then I become fatigued holding up the mobile over my face! :rolleyes:

I finally decided on a Belkin Boost Up wireless charging pad. I bought the 10 watt. I hope I made the right choice! I think I made the right choice on my Dreem case for sure. Love this case!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :)

When you aren't using your phone, go to settings and turn off the wifi and Bluetooth. Don't do it from the slide up/down (depending on your phone) screen - they will stay on but disconnect if you do that.

Yes, I keep Bluetooth turned off all off the time. I do not use any sort of Bluetooth equipment. I do not even know what it is. I also keep WiFi turned off now. I turn on my carrier “data” if I use it. Otherwise, I turn it off. I put the phone on sleep shortly before bedtime, too. It can be quiet as the tomb around here all day, but let me lay down for a nap or get my into something or retire for the night, and the phone will ring. It is uncanny!