What's new

How do SlickWraps protect from drops?

Grimreaper

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting some slickwraps, Because my friend who is going to sell me his iphone 4 has a big rubber case that I don't really like, adds to much bulk. I've seen the slickwraps drop test, But how do they really protect? They're just thick sticker/skins, Do they really absorb that much shock when hitting the ground to prevent anything from breaking? And do you know if some versions protect better than other, Like does the leather protect better than the metal for drops?

No.. they're actually just stickers and don't provide as much shock support as it may seem. Get Skinpea full coverage screen protectors:

please refrain from posting external links,thank you.......poisonivy iPF STAFF.

I've got theirs and it really seems to help. I dropped my iphone 4 several times and it works fine. They also boast that their back and side protection is the thickest in the industry. 8mil? lol I have no idea how thick that is, but it is definitely thicker than Zagg and will provide much more shock absorption than other brands. Plus, their anti-ripple technology works in preventing orangepeeling on the screens. Orangepeeling.. I loathe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a bumper case to go with your skins.. If you ever dropped your phone you will notice that the phone most of the time drops on the corners and a bumper case will give a lot more protecting with out to much bulk

Skins are designed to protect against scratches, and that's it.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Have you guys ever seen the slickwraps drop video? Go on their site or just look it up if you haven't.

they dropped it several times with the slickwraps on, no damage at all, even from 6 feet onto concrete.
I was even talking to the Live chat asiistant on their website, And they said they had to drop the iphone over 20 times to get all the right shots and angles, and no damage occurred at all while the slickwraps were on, so it seems to me that they protect your iphone from more than just scratches and what not.

No.. they're actually just stickers and don't provide as much shock support as it may seem. Get Skinpea full coverage screen protectors:

please refrain from posting external links,thank you.......poisonivy iPF STAFF.

I've got theirs and it really seems to help. I dropped my iphone 4 several times and it works fine. They also boast that their back and side protection is the thickest in the industry. 8mil? lol I have no idea how thick that is, but it is definitely thicker than Zagg and will provide much more shock absorption than other brands. Plus, their anti-ripple technology works in preventing orangepeeling on the screens. Orangepeeling.. I loathe.

So you think they'd help alot with drop protection and helping the screen not crack or sides get chipped? By the way, Have you seen the slickwraps drop test video?
they dropped it several times with the slickwraps on, no damage at all, even from 6 feet onto concrete.
I was even talking to the Live chat asiistant on their website, And they said they had to drop the iphone over 20 times to get all the right shots and angles, and no damage occurred at all while the slickwraps were on, so it seems to me that they protect your iphone from more than just scratches and what not.

So you think they'd help alot with drop protection and helping the screen not crack or sides get chipped? By the way, Have you seen the slickwraps drop test video?

Since the metal sides stick out on the iPhone 4, I'm not sure if it will protect the edges 100%, but I'm confident that Skinpea would be better for drop protection due to the material they use. And yes I've see their drop tests.. which are kind of pointless since the device doesn't drop faced-down and flat. So in the end, it's basically just your preference: Slickwraps has cool designs you might like while providing some protection, and Skinpea specializes in screen protection and durability. Skinpea is highly recommended if you really want the best protection.

*and oops sorry admin didn't know u can't link!

Last edited:
These skins for the phone don't provide any protection from drops there more to prevent scratches and a visually pleasing look period... In the vids you see you are seeing what the phone was designed to do take certain drops. It was said that these skins wont give you the level of protection you are looking for from every one who posted in this thread but it seems you are pushing for these skins despite what we say. So all i can say is go for it cause it seems you are seeking our approval of going threw with this purchase. Just purchase a bumper case cause like i said these phones usually don't just drop face down they drop on there corners

These skins for the phone don't provide any protection from drops there more to prevent scratches and a visually pleasing look period... In the vids you see you are seeing what the phone was designed to do take certain drops. It was said that these skins wont give you the level of protection you are looking for from every one who posted in this thread but it seems you are pushing for these skins despite what we say. So all i can say is go for it cause it seems you are seeking our approval of going threw with this purchase. Just purchase a bumper case cause like i said these phones usually don't just drop face down they drop on there corners

You're absolutely right in that the phones don't drop face-down and that usually it'll fall on the corners. And yes, I also agree that bumpers are great, visually minimalistic, yet good protection against drops.

However.

Some people do not prefer to have bulky bumpers or cases.. phones, to some, simply don't look as good with cases on. What's the point of getting the 'thinnest' phone if you're going to double its size in protection? For those of us who prefer to use our phones the way it was intended to be used, in its original form, would like a balance between protection and visual appeal.

PS: bumpers don't protect your phone against a pocket full of keys :)

Last edited:
Sorry i wasn't clear... I meant a bumper case along with the skins.. There was a thread of a person who used a slik wrap skin with a bumper case look very good and clean. My brother has his an iPhone in a bumper style case with a carbon skin and it didn't feel Bulky at all.. Yes of course when you take the phone out of the bumper you will feel the difference but not to the point of wow this feels horrible in the hand.. Well anyways good luck hope you find something that works for you lets us know how it works out…

No prob! We're all here to help, right? By the way, I found some real pictures of Skinpea full coverage that someone posted on another forum. Hope it helps in making your decision.

$skinpea vs zagg.JPG$skinpea clarity.jpg (Skinpea's on the iPhone)

If you're going to use a bumper, they also have a case-friendly version too. Happy shoppin!

Last edited: