What's new

How do I teach Siri...

Buela

Reaction score
I have two questions related to Siri:

First, how do I tell it where is "home" or "work" or other locations -- I'd love to be able to say "remind me to do this when I get home" and have it remind me once it detects that my location is home (or whatever other location I've specified).

Next, is there any way to teach it how to recognize unusual names? I have several friends and relatives who have unusual names that Siri just will not recognize, no matter how many ways I try to say those names. I'd like to be able to say them the way they're actually pronounced and have Siri recognize which name I mean.

Thanks!

Pretty much easy to set it up. I will be posting a screenshot for your better understanding soon enough.

Here you go:
4c4a9d70-0a3a-63d0.jpg

When you are at home or at work, open your map application, tap on the arrow bellow to locate your actual position on the map.

4c4a9d70-0a86-2a6b.jpg

Once your position is located on the map, tap on the icon below right to open the map dialogue.

4c4a9d70-0b07-eb09.jpg

On the map dialogue window, tap on drop pin.

4c4a9d70-0b3b-9ae0.jpg

Tap on the blue arrow to open the dropped pin dialogue window.

4c4a9d70-0b6f-c168.jpg

Tap on add to contact.

4c4a9d70-0b8b-e76d.jpg

Create a new contact with the name of work or home depending on if you are at work or at home or whatever you want. Specify that name to Siri anytime you want Siri to do something for you in relation to your work or your home.

As for your second question, Siri is still in beta version I think, so up to now there is no way you can teach Siri, but she can teach you stuff at the other hand :)
One work around this is to change your contacts names in your address book on a way that Siri can recognize it. Enjoy Siri.